Black Cabby GM owners...

i love this bag but... it wasn't for me. i think the gm style is so flattering and hip looking but something about the black denim just didn't do it. it reminded me of bad '80s or something. i love the '80s, love black and love this bag but for me, it wasn't for me.... i bought it and exchanged it for another bag.
ITA about the 80's especially. I thought I would be in LOVE LOVE LOVE with my black Cabby, but it just reminded me of black acid washed jeans or something!!

i love the look of this bag, the black one. unfortunately i don't own one yet... still thinking if it's worth $1700 for denim. *sighs* i look for one everyday on ebay, just to see if someone is ready to get rid of their's yet.. hehe [so i don't have to pay full price] :tup:

My friend got hers in Paris and she loves it to bits. i believe she even named her bag, she lovingly calls her Claudette, and even talks to her sometimes when we are out shopping.

I LOVE my GM, and just took her to Hawaii with me and it was a GREAT bag to carry on the plane and everywhere else. It was wonderful to have the flexibility of a crossbody strap, shoulder, or arm carry. And I got tons of compliments.
My mom thought it was such a great bag that she wants one now, so we're getting her an MM for her b-day on Friday.

It's a beautiful bag. I tried one on and it was too heavy for me (and that's when it was empty). I tend to overload my bags and I know it would be too much for my shoulder.

It's a beautiful bag. I tried one on and it was too heavy for me (and that's when it was empty). I tend to overload my bags and I know it would be too much for my shoulder.

That's why we're getting my mom the MM. She loved the GM, but wanted a lighter bag. I carry too much stuff for the MM, and the crossbody strap makes it easier.

gorgeous bag and so not 80's...did you see the pic of Renee in the celeb thread...stylish and chic....modern...casual and cool...HOT HOT HOT bag...I will post a pic of my 80's bad ass acid wash jeans and it looks nothing like the cabby at all..cabby is timeless and classy not like my old acid wash jeans...what an unfair comparison.....:smile:

I am still deciding on whether to get this bag. I love how it's versatile, with many ways to carry it, but I tried it on, and truthfully, I wish it were as dark or darker than the photos and seeing it in person. If it were pitch denim black, it would be mine !!