Black Boy with ghw: should I?

missdicaprio

Jul 1, 2013
Hey everyone!
Okay, I need some advice.. I recently (2 months ago) got my first Chanel bag, a classic m/l black with ghw and caviar leather, but ever since then I've been eyeing the Boy! Only thing I disliked about the Boys I've seen was their hardware (I like gold). Today I passed by my boutique and saw a gorgeous medium Boy with gold hardware! So, should I buy it even though I JUST bought the classic? Only reason I'm asking is because I'd feel guilty since my parents are the ones buying me all these things (I'm 19). Or should I wait and see my baby Boy go? :sad:
What I love about the Boy is that it's a lot more practical and casual, whereas my classic is babied a lot and I wouldn't take it out everyday and such..
Sorry for the long post, your opinions are appreciated!

Well - I think that if you love it, you should get it. We all know what it's like to let something go, only to regret not seeing it ever again! And, what nice parents you have!!

You're so lucky your parents are buying it for you! I think you should definitely get it I'm 20 and I'm planning on getting a boy when I go to Paris next year. I think they really suit our age it's just so chic and edgy I love the boy! Definitely buy it :smile:

If you see something you love, buy it now! If not, you will regret it later ( when it is no longer available). I know this from life experience! :shucks: Learn from someone else's mistakes! :yes:

Hey everyone!
Okay, I need some advice.. I recently (2 months ago) got my first Chanel bag, a classic m/l black with ghw and caviar leather, but ever since then I've been eyeing the Boy! Only thing I disliked about the Boys I've seen was their hardware (I like gold). Today I passed by my boutique and saw a gorgeous medium Boy with gold hardware! So, should I buy it even though I JUST bought the classic? Only reason I'm asking is because I'd feel guilty since my parents are the ones buying me all these things (I'm 19). Or should I wait and see my baby Boy go? :sad:
What I love about the Boy is that it's a lot more practical and casual, whereas my classic is babied a lot and I wouldn't take it out everyday and such..
Sorry for the long post, your opinions are appreciated!
I feel that you should really enjoy your classic M/L bag that your parents bought for you, and wait until you can buy your own 2nd Chanel; you will appreciate it so much more if you pay for it yourself.

I feel that you should really enjoy your classic M/L bag that your parents bought for you, and wait until you can buy your own 2nd Chanel; you will appreciate it so much more if you pay for it yourself.

+2, completely agree! First give the M/L your parents gave you enough love, they obviously love you enough to fork out quite some cash on a bag for you. Remember most parents can't/won't do that for their kids! Sorry for sounding like a lecturer, mean it in the nicest possible way :smile: And you know what - I used to be jealous of my mother's designer bags, but now I get them MYSELF and it feels like such a huge reward every time I leave the store, knowing that only MY hard work could make it happen. Girl power!

How about having your parents buy it now so that you don't lose out on the one you love and slowly paying them back for it over time. That way, you get the bag now and don't feel that the one you love " got away" yet you have the gratification that comes from working hard for something you really want. I did this with buying furniture for my first apt after grad school. It took me three years to pay my parents back but the gratification that comes when you write that last check just can't be beat!! Even more so with a lovely bag you enjoy wearing day in and day out :smile:

Last edited: