Black box SO - what's your philosophy?

hmm. if it were me, i would only change the hardware to gold. yes, you heard me. this coming from the woman who only likes PH or RH. even my beloved SA would be in shock.

i only say this because i really do adore GH when paired w/ black box.

as for the interior, i would either keep it all black or switch to a red leather interior.:P

I prefer all black but here is a picture of a beautiful black box calf with orange piping and interior from a wonderful seller.

Attachments

• boxcalf-1.jpg
    boxcalf-1.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 6,200
  • boxcalf.jpg
    boxcalf.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 59
hmm. if it were me, i would only change the hardware to gold. yes, you heard me. this coming from the woman who only likes PH or RH. even my beloved SA would be in shock.

i only say this because i really do adore GH when paired w/ black box.

as for the interior, i would either keep it all black or switch to a red leather interior.:P

This is very interesting to me!
My first H bag was a vintage black box Kelly (brass h/w of course) and I have found that although this is a classic combo, I just don't reach for this bag that often since I wear almost exclusively silver-toned metals. But...I obviously knew that this might be an issue and yet still got this bag because of how classic a combo it is.
So, PH it had to be...I had a crush on ruthenium for a few months but got over it. I do love the look of the different colored interior and will do it, someday, but in a less serious bag.

Pepper, congratulations on your SO! You definitely can't go wrong with the classic black box with black interior. For my SO, I also chose black and I was given the option of RH, GH, PH, brushed GH, or brushed PH. In the end, I went for GH because I love the look of black and gold (although I usually wear white gold or platinum) and I also went for a lighter colored contrast lining (Rouge H tempted me), but black piping. You made a good choice and when you get another opportunity for an SO, then you can spice it up a little :yes:

Pepper, I've got a 35cm Black Box Birkin GH with Black Chevre interior and Black Stitching, and wouldn't prefer it any other way. I'm carrying this bag today and looking at it as I type. Scrumptuous as is. Lucky you to have your Box Calf order accepted!

You cannot, cannot go wrong with the all-black classic option and you will never tire of it.
Having said that, I personally would probably have opted for a different lining (but not different piping), probably rouge vif. Why? Because I could ;) and because I just love red.
Having said THAT, I would love the all black version just as much. So you did well! Great, IMO.

Ditto!!!

Congrats on your SO! Black/black is so classic. I personally SO'd a Black Box with gold lining (black piping) and GHW (I already have a black with PHW Birkin)...mostly to make it different, but also to make it easier to find stuff. Still, I'd love black with black just as much. Nice choice!:tup:

Funny this thread got revived!

Miss black box-all-black-inside-and-out is almost a year old now, this is how she looked out of the box upon arrival, still looks pretty much the same...
I am glad I decided to go with all black. I wavered with the "do it just because you can" option of an SO but am glad I stuck with the classic all-black. It was the right thing for me.
Hardware is ruthenium.

Attachments

• BBBRH20001.JPG
    BBBRH20001.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 99
all black--the different colored lining can be cute but you arent cute and i think you would tire of it. i so'd a color with a different lining but its supposed to be fun. i wouldnt mess with a black box 35. thats a serious and stunning bag. a supermodel of a bag. i personally find these overdeisgned SO's a little too too ...................

^^I know, am sort of enjoying that everyone is re-enjoying my bag again!! I don't remember how I revealed it. I think it was buried in another thread. Not into the big reveal...
I am in agreement about some SOs being overdesigned.