Black Birkin phw owners, how do you create a warmer look, styling advice welcome :-)

**Chanel**

Trying to b good ^_^
O.G.
Jan 31, 2009
Hi all,

It seems that a lot of people prefer ghw on a Black Birkin. Personally, I like phw but if I look at the Celebrities thread I sometimes see outfits with Black B phw that look quite 'cold' and harsh if you know what I mean ;).
My question is, how do you create a warmer looking outfit with a Black B with phw so not a look that looks very cold or harsh?
Any suggestions or examples/modeling pics?
Also, I'm not sure about wearing gold jewelry with phw Birkin but what about bi-colored jewelery (white and yellow gold)? Do you think it would help to create a warmer look?

I could use some inspiration, TIA :biggrin:.

And, last question, do you think you can still rock a Black Birkin with phw when you're 60 or 70, or do you think Black with phw is too harsh and cold for that age?

Hi Chanel, IMO black birkin in some leathers (like box and exotic) are warmer and in other leather (like togo and clemence) are colder. Then I find Gold HW in black birkin warmer than P HW. But still you can create a warmer look using twilly or pon-pon for example.
Personally with P HW I have just the black KP and I have used it with yellow gold jewelry without problem and I liked the mix and it makes the look warmer IMO..but I like to mix and it happens that with Gold HW I use white gold..
I don't see a difference if you are 60 or 70 because I find black with P HW colder than other combo at every age (also 20), maybe it could be just more difficult to use twilly or pon-pon, but then maybe it depends on the person..hope it helps!:flowers:

You're welcome dear Chanel:flowers:!
I had your same doubts and I understand completely what you mean!Did you think (since you have this doubts) to chose another dark color (maybe warmer IMO) like Indigo or graphite, that you can use exactly like black?
Hope it helps! :hugs:

What about warmer color clothes?
Or jeans with a short chic coat?

I've seen a lot of older ladies rocking black b with phw, it is definitely not harsh and cold for that age at all.

^Yup, soften your look with scarves and shawls on your person. Or accessorise your birkin with twillies or bag charms or whatnot. Maybe hang an astroboy keychain on it. ;)

H cashmere shawl for the black b with phw? :biggrin:

Lol :P.
That's a nice idea but what about SS when it's too warm for a cashmere?
I was thinking maybe pearls in the right color would add. some warmth to an outfit but I could be totally wrong though so I really appreciate all the ideas and suggestions :biggrin:!

If you don't want to jazz up your bag, you could always go with bright gloves in winter or a bright belt and shoes in summer. I don't think age is too relevant. If you prefer PHW, go for it.

Do you still have your ebene kelly?
Some other members on the forum did it before, they hang a different color clochette.
I think your ebene one will warm up the black b :biggrin:

There's always champagne with Johnny Depp, that should warm up anything

I think a charm/twilly/scarf that pops or coordinates with a chosen outfit will add interest and 'warmth' if need be.

As my mother said (I know I am repeating myself to you) it's easier to wear phw when gold jewellery that wear ghw against white-gold or silver.

In general, I find black bags kind of boring. I think gold HW is more boring than palladium and I have both in black Kelly. What I do is put a colorful twilly or pochette on the bag with a gold or pall charm and voila! Not boring and very pretty! Do the same for my Birkins.

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate all your thoughts and advice :flowers:.

Lyanna Stark: With the risk of sounding stupid, but what's an astroboy keychain? I remember it had something to do with the famous ABL, I believe she has one too but I still have no idea how it looks :shame:.

bluewin: Yes, I still have ms. Kelly, she's currently in Paris for repair :yes:.
Lol at Johnny Depp, I think champagne, Johnny Depp, a Black B with phw and me would be a great match :love::girlsigh:. And yes, I totally agree, with him around me I wouldn't need extra warmth anymore :graucho::blush:.

papertiger: While I prefer a bag naked, the charm/twilly/scarf idea is a great suggestion :tup:!

In general, I find black bags kind of boring. I think gold HW is more boring than palladium and I have both in black Kelly. What I do is put a colorful twilly or pochette on the bag with a gold or pall charm and voila! Not boring and very pretty! Do the same for my Birkins.

Thank you so much for your input, any chance that you have a pic of it? Would love to see how it looks :yes:!

Why not just have or use a different coloured bag if black is a problem? A bag is an accessory that's supposed to complement what you're wearing - I don't think you should have to dress around it, or dress to accommodate it. If that's the case, maybe the bag is the problem....