Black Birkin after buying Chanel Black Jumbo

Hyangsoo

Apr 25, 2014
Hi everyone,

I just ordered a Chanel Black Jumbo Classic with gold hardware. Hoping that it looks good when it comes in because I haven't been able to try any on in the store!

Anyway, really also want to try to get a black Birkin as well. I was thinking 30 and maybe 35 but I haven't seen either of these either.

Question is, if you had a Chanel black jumbo classic with gold hardware, what color hardware would you pick for the black Birkin? I feel like Black with GHW for both would be too redundant, but black with gold hw seems to be more classic for the Birkin as well.

Actually all my good diamond jewelry is in platinum/white gold, but I am slowly accumulating more gold type pieces too.

Thanks for your help!

The Jumbo & the Birkin are two totally different bags, so I don't think it's redundant for you to get the Birkin with GHW.

If you're purchasing directly from Hermes, then just go with whichever they offer first. :smile:

Absolutely agree with k*d and jclaybo. What ever hardware Hermes offers you with your black Birken take it.

No need to match all your metals. You are getting into gold along with your current plat/wg jewellery so can go either way with the hardware.

Last edited:
I totally agree with the prior post. Honesty I don't own any Hermes pieces yet but I have been looking at a lot of colors with the intension of getting a B & K one day. So for we I would choose the classic 30/35 Black Birkin with GHW or SHW; GHW preference but whichever one comes first. There are times I am side tracked with additional beautiful colors but I often knock sense into my head thinking how much used I can get out of this bag, that will be my pride possession one day. Now in the event I have an opportunity to get another B or K I choose a color. I think you should remain neutural ( Black )in your first Birkin especially if funds are not available to purchase another one within a short time frame.

I agree with all the other posters here. I love black bags and have MANY! I have a 35cm black B with GHW (that I LOVE) and 2 classic single-flap black Chanel flaps. One of the flaps is a Maxi with GHW; the other is a Jumbo with SHW. I also have a black Westminster flap, a classic quilted lambskin Black WOC with SHW, a black caviar WOC, and the classic CC clutch. And I use them all!!! You will never regret a fab black bag. Don't get me started on my black Bottega Venetas. LOL! Black is timeless, classic. Go for it!

Thanks so much for the feedback! It's hard because I feel like I need to fit in a black with silver hardware bag in there somewhere, I don't think I'll be going for two black birkin or two black chanel jumbos... Ah what to do....

I have 3 black Chanel flaps with ghw before I got my first birkin, black with GHW in Togo. I was offered black with SHW but waited for the GHW for almost another year because I won't settle with SHW. Go with your heart's desire. I repeat my black, red and orange H bags in different designs but a friend of mine won't repeat the same color. Only you know best...... Best of luck deciding

I like gold hardware, but since most of my jewelry is platinum and white gold, I tend to get silver hardware. My black Birkin and black Jumbo both have silver. I love that Balenciaga original hardware is pretty much in between, lol.

I have too many black bags to count but have been avoiding getting any black H because their color leathers are just so scrumptious.:P Like what others have said, the styles are so different that it wouldn't look like you have 2 of the same bag. See which one fits best with your clothing and jewelry--as well as which HW combo makes your heart sings. G'luck deciding, you can't go wrong with a birkin! :smile:

My black channel is silver hardware and my Kelly is gold hardware. That just happens to be my personal preference. Both combinations from both designers are exquisite. You can't go wrong either way. :smile: