Black Bayswater - does it ever go on sale?

legally blonde

Jan 9, 2009
Hi Ladies

This is my first post, even though I have been following the Mulberry forum religiously for several months - Mulberry has to be my absolute favourite bag designer.

I 've now decided (after much thought and a lot of lurking around in this forum) that I need a Black Bayswater in my life (even though the SS09 collection, and the Oak Mitzy tote in particular, have been featuring heavily in my dreams these past couple of weeks).

My question is, do any of you know whether this is a bag that might go on sale (esp. say, in the summer as really is a AW bag, no matter how classic the design)? Failing that, is it something that might pop up in any outlet stores?

I just thought I'd do a bit of research first - I am happy to pay £550 for such a classic bag, but would probably regret rushing this when I could wait for a few months in order to get a better price.

Really grateful for your thoughts/advice/input!

Hi legally blond. Bays are ALWAYS on eBay!! and have been on the website for an age - because they keep making them you should go down to shepton mallet or bicester (factory outlets) for a marked down one. the large bays were in the sale on the website for £448 i think. Basically they are everywhere at the mo so your really likely to come across one cheaper than £550.

Great choice! I have a black Bays and I love it. I have only ever seen a black Bays on sale once. It was on mulberry.com last summer BUT it was a different leather (can't remember the name but it was more shiny than the natural leather) and it had no metal feet.

And dont forget to make use of our authenticate this section if you do see one on Ebay, you can never be too careful.

Good luck, hope you find one, the Bays is gorgeous in the black :smile:

Bicester had black congo ones a few weeks ago. If you are in the UK probably worth phoning the outlets. Classic bays, classic size in classic colours never seems to go on sale on mulberry.com but some websites seemed to have discounted ones in Jan.

Natural Vegetable Tan in Black/ Oak and Choc doesn't really go into the sale cause its part of core collection. Its worth while checking Ebay etc. but then you have the chance of not being 100% sure its genuine. If you are in the UK its worth while checking the factory shops, they have 4 now; bicester, york, the factory shop in somerset and one in Cheshire oaks. I signed onto their mailing list when a new shop opened in my area and I've had promotions sent through a couple of times, where i have been invited to customer events and got discount :biggrin: :tup:

Miss Superduper, thanks very much for this, sounds great.

I 'am indeed based in the UK and was planning a bicester visit quite soon to have a feel of what I can find there. Truth is that I also love the back conga leather bayswater, which i understand was on offer in bicester from other posters.

I think that I will probably stick with my original choice though as the plain black one will also look great during the weekend, whilst the conga one would probably only feel right if teamed with my work wardrobe. Does that sound right? Are there any cpnga bays owners that find their bag working equally well with less formal outfits?

Also, thanks again for all your replies and tips and will definitely keep you up to date on any deals/steals i come across during my search!

There's a black congo one on ebay at the mo, and in my opinion they are smarter looking than a normal black bays, which looks really great with jeans etc too. I know it's hard to tell from pics but might be worth having a look so you have a general idea:smile:

When you got to Bicester perhaps wear a smart coat and more casual clothes and then you can try out the bags in store with both looks to see which styles go with which or even better both! :smile:

Miss Superduper, thanks very much for this, sounds great.

I 'am indeed based in the UK and was planning a bicester visit quite soon to have a feel of what I can find there. Truth is that I also love the back conga leather bayswater, which i understand was on offer in bicester from other posters.

I think that I will probably stick with my original choice though as the plain black one will also look great during the weekend, whilst the conga one would probably only feel right if teamed with my work wardrobe. Does that sound right? Are there any cpnga bays owners that find their bag working equally well with less formal outfits?

Also, thanks again for all your replies and tips and will definitely keep you up to date on any deals/steals i come across during my search!

Ooh be careful if you're going to make a visit to Bicester, people have been known to come back with completely random Mulberry purchases!!! :graucho: Its like being in an old fashioned sweet shop!! Temptation is everywhere!