Black Bamboo 1947, Diana or Dionysus.. sigh

sabotage

Jan 21, 2018
I went into the Gucci store in Barcelona today and loved way too many bags.

The black bamboo 1947 really sang to me, but it's really not my usual style. The smooth leather makes me worried about scratches too. But its so.. beautiful. The bamboo handle doesnt go down, FYI.
1652275979404.png

The Diana was gorgeous too, and I love the Small size. It's quite big! But definitely more suited to holding rather than wearing cross-body because of its size. The bamboo handle is stunning. Probably my least favourite of the three though.

1652276107323.png

The Dionysus.. well for me its a classic, because I have been eyeing it for years now! Still as gorgeous! The black one seems easy to wear, regardless of the bling.
1652276034708.png

What do you think??

addicted2mala

May 1, 2014
The Dionysus is my favourite of the three, it looks great on you. I have been considering a brown leather 1955 Horsebit but afraid it may look a little too big and bulky on my 5 ft 3 frame. Now you've got me think about the Dionysus :heart::smile:

Reactions: Saz93

sabotage

Jan 21, 2018
The Dionysus is my favourite of the three, it looks great on you. I have been considering a brown leather 1955 Horsebit but afraid it may look a little too big and bulky on my 5 ft 3 frame. Now you've got me think about the Dionysus :heart::smile:
I hear you!
I'm 5'4", just as a reference. The Dionysus is stunning isnt she? :smile:

May 16, 2020
Recently tried on a Dionysus & was happily surprised at how lightweight it was. It looks really pretty on you!
I feel like the bamboo handle digging in is gonna get annoying

Raaz

May 19, 2017
I am partial to Dionysus. Mine is older ‘boulder’ (by that I mean REALLY HEAVY) version. But I am not getting rid of it. I love it. Yours is even better. It’s perfect crossbody and suits you. I would though look at other colours than black (and because I have soo many black) and also because Dionysus comes in many gorgeous designs too.

Reactions: A bottle of Red

snibor

O.G.
Nov 12, 2006
I went into the Gucci store in Barcelona today and loved way too many bags.

The black bamboo 1947 really sang to me, but it's really not my usual style. The smooth leather makes me worried about scratches too. But its so.. beautiful. The bamboo handle doesnt go down, FYI.
View attachment 5400656

The Diana was gorgeous too, and I love the Small size. It's quite big! But definitely more suited to holding rather than wearing cross-body because of its size. The bamboo handle is stunning. Probably my least favourite of the three though.

View attachment 5400659

The Dionysus.. well for me its a classic, because I have been eyeing it for years now! Still as gorgeous! The black one seems easy to wear, regardless of the bling.
View attachment 5400658

What do you think??
You like Diana least so that’s out. The bamboo is gorgeous although it looks too high on you in photo, especially with bamboo sticking up. I assume it can be adjusted to longer length? I have a Dionysus (in pink) and while it’s a beautiful bag that I get compliments when I wear, it’s not an everyday bag for me. It’s heavy, especially with chain strap. But the Dionysus looks stunning on you. Just by your photos, I like Dionysus best. Good luck deciding.

keywi100

Future TPF member
O.G.
Aug 10, 2008
I’m partial to the Dionysus too. It can dressed up or down which I think is harder to pull off with the tote style of the Diana or with the web strap on the first bag.

Oct 21, 2008
You seem to really like the Dionysus, so go for the Dionysus! It's still fabulous and it suits you.
I know that I've written many times about how much I love my black Dionysus, and even though I've owned it for a long time carrying it still gives me a thrill! The Dionysus love endures :hbeat:

That said, I absolutely love the black 1947 BTH too, which is right at the top of my wish list. It looks a bit awkward on you, and I don't know if you can move it around, adjust it or consider carry it differently? Stunning bag.

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
G-orgeous H-eaven
Disclaimer: I have 4 BTHs and have trying on Dionysus bags since they came out and none have really suited me (but I have the boots!) the BTH does (been using them for 12 years).

Agree with others. It's between the Dionysus and the BTH since you already said you like the Diana least.

In the photos you're not presenting the BTH very well, the way you're wearing it looks very awkward. Bags look better down further on you. You can adjust both straps.

On the BTH. I don't know why you'd want the handle to go down. There are models you can wear on a belt around. The black leather seems pretty scratch resistant, not like H Box leather, so I think they thought about that. It's certainly the most versatile since you have 2 separate steps but can also wear it in hand.

Only you know at the end of the day. Some people like a variety and some like to stick to what works for them.

Reactions: Saz93

clzclzclz

May 13, 2022
I love the 1947, but didn't realize the handle doesn't come down! And, as someone the same height, that strap length isn't really speaking to me.

I'm also not a fan of the new non-leather straps. I worry about the green/red clashing with whatever I wear.

Reactions: Raaz

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
G-orgeous H-eaven
I love the 1947, but didn't realize the handle doesn't come down! And, as someone the same height, that strap length isn't really speaking to me.

I'm also not a fan of the new non-leather straps. I worry about the green/red clashing with whatever I wear.
Sorry, I'm not getting these points :confused1:

The handles don't come 'down' on most top-handles - what's the deal? One handle means they're attached to the top-middle of the bag and the bag is not flat. If it 'went down' it would be to a 90 degree angle.

You can adjust the length of the straps. Adjustment makes them longer or shorter and longer again.

It comes with a leather strap too. You just change the strap to the leather one.

Reactions: jellyv and snibor

Jaxholt15

Apr 17, 2015
Sorry, I'm not getting these points :confused1:

The handles don't come 'down' on most top-handles - what's the deal? One handle means they're attached to the top-middle of the bag and the bag is not flat. If it 'went down' it would be to a 90 degree angle.

You can adjust the length of the straps. Adjustment makes them longer or shorter and longer again.

It comes with a leather strap too. You just change the strap to the leather one.
I was thinking the same thing…

Reactions: Raaz and papertiger