Black bals turning GREEN?

Suziie

O.G.
Jan 19, 2008
Heard that some black balenciagas have turned dark green or not beeing black enough. Which makes me a little scared about the one I'm planning to buy. I'am a Bal-newbie, so what do you experts think about this one? Black enough? and what do you guy think about the leather?

Attachments

• gc.JPG
    gc.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 227
  • gc2.JPG
    gc2.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 203
I like its leather -- it looks thick and lightly distressed. But its color sure is not Jet Black. What year is this bag? I heard 2007 Black has the potential of turning green. Some tPFers also reported their 2009 Black turned green too. It is very hard to say since this problem doesn't happen to every Black bags.

I remember seeing a thread that a member polished the greenish Black with black shoes polisher and made it turn back to be black.

I have an 07 Black GGH Day, 08 Black Messenger and an 09 Black City Special with pod. They all are still very black. I have used my black City the most and it is very black and I live in the high altitude of Colorado. I even have left it in the sun at my Kitchen table through the days and it is still black, black. I haven't ever put any Apple care product on any of my Bals because I think it changes the color of leather. It did on my LV vachetta leather.

I wonder how many tPF's have used Apple Care on their black bags. It would be interesting to know. I noticed that one gal that wrote about her bag turning had put AG on hers just after she got it.

Hi!
It's a 09 A/W, but I didn't like the distressing on that bag (I prefer a little bit more smoother, puffy leather) so the SA picked another one for me. Please give me your opinon on this one (about the color and leather)

I'm just so afraid I'll recieve a bag that isn't jet black :sad:

Attachments

• giant1.jpg
    giant1.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 154
  • giant2.jpg
    giant2.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 161
Now I found a new one from BA in France. The SA made sure it's super black with smooth and puffy leather. Medium thick. With no green undertone. Can I totally trust her?

Need your opinons Bal-experts!

Btw, it's a S/S-09, anyone else that has a S/S-09 and are happy with the black color?

Last edited: