Black bag: Marc Jacobs or RM?

ali74

O.G.
May 29, 2008
I'm in need of a practical black bag. I've narrowed it down to the Blake by Marc Jacobs and the Morning After Bag by RM. I'm torn between the two.. which would you get?

You can't go wrong with a blake. The Blake is definitely a very classic bag. But, I *think* the RM bag is a lot bigger and will hold more. If you need to carry a lot with you, go for the RM.

I've had the blake and I have a mam, so I'd say the mam or mab over the blake. The blake was was too heavy and uncomfortable for me to carry for any length of time.

I vote blake as well.... RMs have been a big disappointment for me lately, and I'm having a hard time considering buying any more bags by her. the blake is a classic, and will remain a classic... if you're worried about weight, the older blakes were heavier but the newer ones are lighter(no suede lining, thinner leather).

both are beautiful bags so i don't think there is a wrong choice. i personally have only owned the blake, which i sold because it was a bit too heavy for me (i had the one with suede lining). i guess it depends on how much you carry on a daily basis. i've seen the RM MABs in person and they are beautiful - but i personally like them in bright colors (like green or blue). whatever you decide, let us know as i'm curious how they compare side by side!