Black bag - Louis Vuitton Cluny or Celine Nano?

Cluny or Nano?

• Total voters

AlexNicole93

Feb 22, 2017
Hi,

I want to add a black crossbody bag to my small collection and am contemplating the LV Cluny and the Celine Nano in pebbled/drummed leather. Both are the perfect size for what I carry and are practically the same price. LV as a brand seems more durable, but I’m hesitating on the Cluny because of the magnetic closure. The magnet is super strong and I’ve seen pictures of well-used Clunys where the top flap is visibly wrinkled around the magnet (pic below from ebay). If this happens to all Cluny bags and LV isn’t able to repair it, it would be a dealbreaker for me.

The Nano is the perfect size for my height, but from what I’ve read Celine quality is hit and miss and their repair services are worse.

Durability is the most important thing for me and I’m torn. Any suggestions are appreciated :smile:
Celine-Black-Drummed-Calfskin-Nano-Luggage-Bag.jpg
louis-vuitton-cluny-mm-epi-leather-handbags--M41302_PM2_Front view.jpg
s-l300.jpg

Reactions: Bubbles1987
I would go for the Celine Nano personally. I love the 'robot' face on the Celine bags LOL The Cluny kinda scares me with that closure. The Cluny is a bit dressier then the Celine Nano so are you needing a casual bag or a dressier one. The Cluny looks nice but it isn't one of my favorites from the LV line. Don't know that I see it becoming a classic bag for them. I think it is one of the LV styles that will be around for a while and then go the way of the dodo.

Thanks for the responses, I'm leaning way more towards the Nano. I think I'd rather take my chances with a few loose threads and chipped glazing than the really visible wear and tear of the Cluny. Plus, that robot face is so unique!

I own the cluny and its held up pretty well..the structure is amazing. It just depends if you get the crappy kind in production and if your the type to abuse the bag. I still think its a nice investment..yet I also think the celine nano is also a good one to have because of how carefree it is.

I have a cluny bb and the epi leather started to come off :sad: I took it to LV they told me it would be $600 to replace. If I had to do it all over again I probably pick a Celine nano. It's more causal anyways and it fits more. The cluny bb doesn't fit much.