Black bag in summer??

Dec 6, 2005
Happy New Year all!! This is random, but while in LV today, struck up a conversation with a gorgeous older woman, very fashionable she said that ahe would never wear a black bag in the summer. Is that weird, does anyone agree that bag colors are seasonal??

I usually do not carry a black bag in summer because it doesnt seem to match my brightly colored clothing. In summer I like to bring out my candy colored bags and enjoy the pretty pastels and other colors that are hard to pull off in winter. I actually only have a few black bags- Dior, Chanel and a Goyard , other than that I am all colorful with my pink Chanels and LV's and Balenciagas . I dont think it is totally bad though- it depends on the person I guess.

interesting outlook on black in the summer.

I always considered it was a more a matter of fabric and size. I think that leather bags are always in season, even in black. I probably use smaller bags in the summer, I think it is about proportions (smaller clothes = smaller bags).

Hi everyone I just joined!! I agree with Loganz - its definetely a matter of fabric and size. I use my smaller and lighter black bags all year. Its not a seasonal colour for me . However, never white in the winter!! I will never be able to wrap my head around that one.

A black bag is always good. I wear a lot of black myself. No bright colours for me. A black bag is always a classic choice. Even in the summer... (My opinion of course) :smile:

Ronja