Black bag in summer??

1. Happy New Year all!! This is random, but while in LV today, struck up a conversation with a gorgeous older woman, very fashionable she said that ahe would never wear a black bag in the summer. Is that weird, does anyone agree that bag colors are seasonal??

2. I usually do not carry a black bag in summer because it doesnt seem to match my brightly colored clothing. In summer I like to bring out my candy colored bags and enjoy the pretty pastels and other colors that are hard to pull off in winter. I actually only have a few black bags- Dior, Chanel and a Goyard , other than that I am all colorful with my pink Chanels and LV's and Balenciagas . I dont think it is totally bad though- it depends on the person I guess.

3. interesting outlook on black in the summer.

I always considered it was a more a matter of fabric and size. I think that leather bags are always in season, even in black. I probably use smaller bags in the summer, I think it is about proportions (smaller clothes = smaller bags).

4. Hi everyone I just joined!! I agree with Loganz - its definetely a matter of fabric and size. I use my smaller and lighter black bags all year. Its not a seasonal colour for me . However, never white in the winter!! I will never be able to wrap my head around that one.

5. I'd carry a black bag in summer :lol: I think they are classic all the time, depending on what the outfit is of course.

6. I carry my black bags regardless of the time of year. If it goes with what I'm wearing, I'll carry it. :biggrin:

7. i think that if it matches your outfit, carry it. as long as it's not suede.

8. A black bag is always good. I wear a lot of black myself. No bright colours for me. A black bag is always a classic choice. Even in the summer... (My opinion of course) :smile:

Ronja

9. Depends on what I'm wearing, I would still wear a black bag during the summer.

10. since most of my bags are black, i also carry them in summer. like most other people here i think black goes with anything, anytime.

11. I would with the right outfit.

12. This reminds me of the "You can't wear white after Labor Day" rule. I carry black bags in summer, why not?

13. i'd carry a bag if it matched my outfit no matter what season it was

14. Wait, why can't you wear white after the Labor Day? What's the story? :weird:

15. If it goes with your outfit, I say wear it, no matter what color. I don't see anything wrong with carrying a black bag in summer.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice