Black b35 ghw in togo?

Classic and I love this combination. BUT you have to love it. I've learned a few things with H-- don't get something just because it is rare or others like it. It has to work for YOU. Secondly, buying items with resale potential in mind is tricky unless you have time to do it. Selling items seem to take time and sometimes you lose money (although it probably won't happen likely with a B with GHW) so make sure it sings to you and your taste. Life is short -- only get things that you love!

Good luck! I do love this combination!

Oh my, I have been wanting an anamone b35 ghw forever and my SA knows it too. However I was just told that no more anamone birkin coming, I was very disappointed, Instead my SA offered me a black b35 ghw.

I always thought that is such a hard bag to get. I never mentioned to my SA that I wanted that bag, and she has told me b4 that the waiting list for that bag is at least 2 years. My SA said I really should get it, such a classic and timeless bag. What do you think?

Also, I have no interest in next season's color, too pastel for my liking. Should I get the black birkin? I do like the GHW, that's a major plus for me especially with black. If it was with PHW, I would have turn it down.

I just bought a black B30 with PHW. Black B was never on my radar. I saw 3 different colours today and I ended up with the black. I didn't think I would like black as I don't buy black bags. But there is something about black B that really appealed to me.

I do think you should see it in person before deciding. You have to love it. Don't settle.

I agree with everyone else not to settle, but at the same time, black in Togo, is so easy.

I have been looking for a blue or green or even gold Kelly for sooooooo long, and frankly did not like black. However, after using my blue-jean and gold Evelynes with my kids, I changed my mind and decided that I would only buy a Kelly in a color I would use any day I pleased, without having to worry about it getting dirty, and so I settled on a black one with gold hardware.

I realized when you pay so much for a bag, you must be able to use it whenever you want, without worrying if it'll get dirty.

So, I say, get it, love it and use it :smile:!!!!!!

GL with your decision :smile:;)

Oh my, I have been wanting an anamone b35 ghw forever and my SA knows it too. However I was just told that no more anamone birkin coming, I was very disappointed, Instead my SA offered me a black b35 ghw.

I always thought that is such a hard bag to get. I never mentioned to my SA that I wanted that bag, and she has told me b4 that the waiting list for that bag is at least 2 years. My SA said I really should get it, such a classic and timeless bag. What do you think?

Also, I have no interest in next season's color, too pastel for my liking. Should I get the black birkin? I do like the GHW, that's a major plus for me especially with black. If it was with PHW, I would have turn it down.
Just got mine B35 Togo with GHW last month and never been happier.

Thank you all very much for all your comments, there are things that I didn't know about as I haven't been on here lately, i.e. smell. I will for sure take a good sniff when I see the bag, which will be in a couple of weeks. Even this bag has never been on my radar, I think I will regret not buying. It is such a classic bag. This is going to remind me of the Chanel black reissue with ghw that I bought in 2010' and only used it twice. That is such a classic Chanel that I don't think I will sell.

if black is not your thing no matter how classic they say it is, don;t get it. i never entertained a black kelly or birkin (or any black bag for that matter) so i never got one no matter how many times i've found one (in resellers). 1 only have 2 black bags - a chanel caviar maxi and a celine phantom - rarely used.

bottom line - if you like it, get it!

Thanks Baileylab, you made a good point. To be honest, I am more inclined to a black K35 w/ghw than a birkin. Having said that, I do want to see it, and hope I can tell.

Do you want this spec? Don't get it just because it's hard to get- almost everything at H is "hard to get" at the moment you want to get it! Get what you love. I have one, but I use it once a year maybe?

Thanks purselover888, you need to take yours out for a spin for more often.

YES! My black birkins are also my go-to bag. I have a 30 and a 35 (different leathers) and I still find that I end up using both a lot and I would actually buy a 25 too.

A black birkin or a black kelly is a forever bag. Works with virtually anything and everything. Can be dressed down or dressed up. So incredibly flexible.

It's nice to know that you use your black birkens often. I do baby my bags, it would be so much easier when carrying the black ones. That's a major plus for me.

Decide if black will work with your wardrobe. Also do you have any other black bags and how often do you use them. That can be another guide for you.

Only get it if you really really think it will be used by you.

Shosho811, I wear a lot of black and dark coloured clothes, so I guess black birkin would work well with my wardrobe. My SA did mention that any twillies would work on a black birkin, and that applies to charms too.

Grab it, it is a gorgeous forever classic, and if it doesn't sing to you and you can only have one B, sell it and buy an anemone. There still seem to be anemone Bs showing up, so one will find you, and you can sell a new or mint black B in a heartbeat for at least what you paid.
Edited to add: HOWEVER take a good long sniff before you leave the store and ask your SA what happens if you get a skunk.....Togo has had so many issues.

QuelleFromage, thanks for the smell warning, can you tell me more or it will be great if you can link me to the thread. I didn't know there has been problems with Togo lately, that's not good at all.

I agree with the others, get it if it is not stinky. I was blessed to be offered one from the boutique a few years ago with the exact specs you are being offered, black togo 35cm w/ghw, and it is my absolute favorite and most cherished Hermes bag! It is chic and effortless, goes with absolutely everything. Simply fabulous, classic and no-brainer gorgeousness. Good luck deciding but if it smells good/has no issues, I wouldn't hesitate!

Thanks MarvelGirl, yes, it goes with everything. I was just worried that it looks kind of boring. Maybe I would change my mind when I see one.

Do you want a black bag? Are you only considering it because it's hard to find?

My new rule with H is not buy anything unless I love it, regardless of how rare it is (easier said then done). It's such a classic bag that I think even if you do get it and tire of it, you can always resell. Black also goes with everything but you have to look at it and love it before you decide.

Thanks jyyanks, no, I don't buy bags because it's hard to get, I am too old for that, only buy what I love. But as you said, easier said than done, I don't have that issue as I don't get offered much hard to get items, lol. You are right though, I can always sell it if I don't Ike it later, but I would prefer to keep all my small H bag collection.

Classic and I love this combination. BUT you have to love it. I've learned a few things with H-- don't get something just because it is rare or others like it. It has to work for YOU. Secondly, buying items with resale potential in mind is tricky unless you have time to do it. Selling items seem to take time and sometimes you lose money (although it probably won't happen likely with a B with GHW) so make sure it sings to you and your taste. Life is short -- only get things that you love!

Good luck! I do love this combination!

OhManolo, you are right, I don't Iike reselling especially with high dollar value items. I like the life is short part, only get what you love, thanks!

I just bought a black B30 with PHW. Black B was never on my radar. I saw 3 different colours today and I ended up with the black. I didn't think I would like black as I don't buy black bags. But there is something about black B that really appealed to me.

I do think you should see it in person before deciding. You have to love it. Don't settle.

Glad to hear that you chose the black even after you saw three other colors, I hope I feel the same when I see the bag,. Thanks snarfy.

I agree with everyone else not to settle, but at the same time, black in Togo, is so easy.

I have been looking for a blue or green or even gold Kelly for sooooooo long, and frankly did not like black. However, after using my blue-jean and gold Evelynes with my kids, I changed my mind and decided that I would only buy a Kelly in a color I would use any day I pleased, without having to worry about it getting dirty, and so I settled on a black one with gold hardware.

I realized when you pay so much for a bag, you must be able to use it whenever you want, without worrying if it'll get dirty.

So, I say, get it, love it and use it :smile:!!!!!!

GL with your decision :smile:;)

Thanks marbella8, I love the fact that I don't have to worried if it get dirty, that's so true.

Just got mine B35 Togo with GHW last month and never been happier.

Congrats LOUKPEACH on your black birkin, and glad to hear that you never been happier.

i understand how you feel,anemone was your first choice but then black was offered,tough choice but since you've got a black chanel,why don't you wait for the next coloured B,is it your first B??

i understand how you feel,anemone was your first choice but then black was offered,tough choice but since you've got a black chanel,why don't you wait for the next coloured B,is it your first B??
if it is not your first B,i think you should grab it...no doubt Black is such a basic colour,it is quite difficult to get at times....