Black 05 City missing in action :(

verty

sharkwater.com
Feb 28, 2007
Was sooo happy I thought my F/W 05 Black City finally arrived, but when I opened the box I discovered a S/S 05 Black Mini Twiggy and thought "Wow, they gave me a free bag?! Wonderful customer service!" :jammin: :jrs:. Yes, I genuinely thought I was shipped a free Bal... until I discovered the box underneath was holding a 08 BG Shoulder. So I called RDC and apparently some of the boxes got mixed up, and my Black City is MIA... :shucks:

However, can I say that this S/S 05 Twiggy has AMAZING leather :drool: WOWERS! And it smells good! Someone please tell me that F/W 05 leather is just as incredible??? :graucho:

Last edited:
Oh no! I'm sure she'll make it right. Sucks to have to wait for your bag though - I know I usually can't wait to get mine! Can't wait to hear about it when it arrives!

p.s. now that WOULD be good customer service! LOL

LOL Beaux, I truly thought she gave me a free 05 Black Mini Twiggy. At first I thought "Huh? I swear the City is much larger than this..." then I saw white Bal box underneath and said "WOW, a FREE bag! She (Corey) must have really liked me when I called."

Haha, but yeah, I'll definitely post pics when the City gets here... but until then I'm going to pet this S/S 05 leather until I can fed ex it tomorrow.

Thanks wonderwoman9! :smile:

^LOL okay :smile:

The twiggy is truly gorgeous.... incredible leather.... seriously.

Just got an email from the RDC team... guess whoever got my bag wants their shoulder and twiggy asap :P so they are shipping my bag back to RDC tomorrow. Yay!

Was sooo happy I thought my F/W 05 Black City finally arrived, but when I opened the box I discovered a S/S 05 Black Mini Twiggy and thought "Wow, they gave me a free bag?! Wonderful customer service!" :jammin: :jrs:. Yes, I genuinely thought I was shipped a free Bal... until I discovered the box underneath was holding a 08 BG Shoulder. So I called RDC and apparently some of the boxes got mixed up, and my Black City is MIA... :shucks:

However, can I say that this S/S 05 Twiggy has AMAZING leather :drool: WOWERS! And it smells good! Someone please tell me that F/W 05 leather is just as incredible??? :graucho:

That's a cute story! Every now and then Zappos sends me a free pair of socks, but I've never been so lucky as to get a Twiggy!! ;)

The only reason we can all giggle is that anyone who has ordered from RDC knows that Corey will resolve the issue for you immediately. Mistakes happen, but you can feel confident that she will track down and save your MIA City. If only everyone else provided that level of customer service...

thanks daisy! i love your dog(gies?) :love:

LOL ehemelay free socks are nice :P I NEVER get anything for free, so I thought maybe it was time I got a free Bal, haha, guess not. But yeah, I wasn't worried, I knew they'd find my City. It was just really funny b/c anyone who knows me knows that a hot pink Bal would be the last color I'd ever order :P (not because it's not beautiful, I'm just very bland).

I've had mix-ups before - it can happen even to the best of sellers (like RDC). Glad it all got sorted out so quickly. And yes, what a nice fleeting moment that must have been when you thought you received a complementary BAL. Hope the leather on your city is as amazing as the leather on the twiggy.

Sorry there was a mix up ... I've always wished I would get shipped a free bag <ahhhh ... to dream> Hopefully it all gets straightened out and you get your bag soon!

I once thought I had been given a free pair of brand new Repetto shoes from the shop where I go to purchase my Bbags. The two girls there are familiar with me, and while one was about to process my shoe purchase, the other girl said to her, "It's OK, it's OK, it's fine".

So, rather gob-smacked ("Wow, this is the luckiest of all lucky days!"), I walk out of the store with my new, free shoes.

Ten minutes later, I am called on my mobile by one of the girls: "Hi: we are so sorry. I thought you had paid for the shoes already, and my staff thought I had processed the order for you... so, err, would you be able to come back at some time that's convenient to you to settle payment?"

I was so embarrassed... it felt like a Winona-Ryder-caught-out moment, so I drove back immediately and paid for them. The staff were sweet, though, as they did not charge me full price for the shoes as an apology for the misunderstanding.

Well I've never been lucky enough to get a new bag. The only mix up we had was dry cleaning. Sent me home with the wrong shirts for DH and I didn't notice as they were very similar to what he wears. A few weeks later we got a call that they mixed us up with someone else and the someone else was in a rush to get them back.

It's nice to read your stores ladies :P

haha, skyblue, least you got a discount ;)

I also got this from Corey:

To make up for the inconvenience, we will refund the $25 you paid for shipping on the Black City and we will also enclose a small gift.

So I am excited!!.. even if it's just a pack of gum or something lol.