*~*BITTERSWEET REVEAL*~* my 1st BV Reveal

jackietong

Jul 6, 2008
HI all...

I'm a newbie here, been lurking for quite some time now, and have gotten to know a some very sweet ladies here...

My first post here was about a bag that I immediately fell head over heels for, the Large Eclipse Veneta, up to this minute, I am still waiting for some good news from a very sweet SA whose been extremely helpful and patient with me...hoping to do a reveal for this real soon...

As I was hunting for this ever elusive Eclipse Veneta, I had fallen in love with two more Venetas, one is the Baltic color, the other, is the bag I am going to reveal in this thread...

Kindly bear with me---This will take a while because My very 1st BV is still in the PO but will get her asap...

I was thrilled, ecstatic, overjoyed upon acquiring this BV, I though I would have the patience to wait for the Eclipse, apparently not...The day after I settled payments and all for the bag, it was shipped immediately. Upon learning that its already on its way to me, that very same day a very devastating news came....all the joy suddenly faded in a snap.

I'm a chef, but currently a stay at home mom to 14 month old DD and was pregnant with our second child, late in the afternoon, I had some bleeding and I quickly rushed to the hospital because I knew there was something wrong...I had a routine checkup, but the doctor said it could have been stress and was made to drink meds and was sent home to get some rest and was set for an appointment the very next day with my OB Gyn.

Next day, I still had some spotting so I went to see my OB, I was not lucky enough to catch her because she had an important appointment...I was sent to the hospital's pre labor department...routine check up was done but his time I went for an ultrasound...

I was alone, DH was at home with DD I was hoping everything was okay, I didn't sleep well that night because I knew, I just knew something was not right...The doctor spent a few good minutes doing the ultrasound, having gone through this before I know that by now, I should be hearing a heartbeat...the doctor went on maneuvering the machine, pressing buttons, I could see that the doctor's face was wary....SOMETHING was definitely wrong.

A few more minutes, another doctor tried to look for a heartbeat...NOTHING, a few more minutes, which is very uncomfortable by the way, (ultrasound was TVS), still nothing...Then, softly, one of the doctor said, "Jackie, there is no movement..." they had explained to me, the baby was only 9 weeks old in terms of age and size, I was going on my 12th week already...at this point I couldn't hold back the tears...

I am fortunate we live nearby the hospital, my DH rushed by my side and comforted me...DD was left with my mom and sister...

I was sent home after receiving some meds and was schedule for a D&C the very next day...This was truly devastating and sad, one of the lowest point of my life...

To top this all of, the next day was my 25th birthday...

I will continue..with the reveal in a while...hoppefully I get the bag today, if not I will continue when the bag arrives.

Thanks for reading...will be back with photos

Last edited:
jackietong, I'm sorry for your loss and I'm praying for you. I think I can understand the feeling you must have...

Hours before my husband's passing, I was browsing for a new wallet online and was thrilled to find the YSL Y-mail black patent wallet, which looks so pretty and the slots and everything just seem so perfect to me. I was looking for that perfect wallet for a while. I even showed DH the different kinds of wallets I checked out online and asked for his opinion. Then hours later he was dead. By the time I got my wallet, I was already a widow...

If I could, I would give out whatever bags and shoes etc I have, and on purse/shoes/shopping ban forever just to get my husband back (I even had a dream in which I told DH I promised I will not buy any more bags in my life time if he could just come home to me...I guess I had that dream coz DH wasn't too happy with my purse addiction to begin with). I know that bags and wallets and shoes and whatever else material can't bring our loved ones back to us. But I hope that you will be strong and will still be able to enjoy the Eclipse Veneta. {Hug} :hugs:

Last edited:
Jackie

Your story breaks my heart. I am a mummy to 2 and I really feel for your loss. Stay positive for your DD and I wish you all the best in your next pregnancy after you recover! Take care of yourself and don't stress too much. I hope you win the BV giveaway!

So sorry to hear of your loss. I hope that things look up for you. Keep in good spirits - you still have a DH and DD, whom I'm sure, are both there for you.

This is such a sad thread! I too have had a miscarriage so I know the pains after the first moments of joys can be devastating.

Yah, no bags can take the place of a loved one.

Having said that, you so deserve to win the BV bag!

ssc0619 Thank you for the kind words...

hikarupanda Thank you, I never dreamed of going through something like this, but I guess there's a reason for everything. I rest in the thought that our little angel is in heaven watching over us, me, DH, DD and my entire family...hearing words of encouragement and comfort helps a lot during times like this, form the bottom of my heart, thanks...

kimberf :ty:

Baggiana this is a very humbling experience, I sometimes find myself in a daze still...

liquid_room Thank you. I will stay positive! Life goes on and I know this too shall pass...

THANK YOU for all the kind words...it really helps, I wanted to pour my heart out and this has been a really good form of "release" aside from support from my family, I feel a sense of ease hearing what you ladies have to say...Thank you...

I will be able to do a reveal after all, my bag will come in today, my older bro was kind enough to pick it up from the PO...

Thanks for letting me do this reveal, it somehow takes my mind off thinking about what has happened in the past few days, sometimes, I feel the need to just let loose, this is my way of letting loose and staying sane...

No material thing, be it handbag, jewelry, can ever replace a loved one... material things give temporary happiness and that I understand very well...

I do not intend to replace the loss of my unborn child with a bag, it will never replace the physical and emotional pain I have gone through this past few days...

I appreciate that some of you think I deserve to win the giveaway, but I don't expect to win, though I posted an entry when I came across it... I did share a snippet of what has happened to me recently but I do not ever expect to win the contest because of my sob story...

Like in my entry, I'd like to win the contest because of my own doing not because of my loss. I'd like to win because I deserve to win, it will give me a sense of fulfillment that I won something by myself, I had done something right thus, I emerge as the winner. I'd like to win that contest because I know how to appreciate the craftmanship that goes into each piece of BV handbags. This would be a nice "break" from all of the unpleasant things that has come my way... <sigh> sorry to go OT here...

I will upload photos as soon as I can, in a few hours maybe...

thank you.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry for your loss jackie. My heart broke while reading your story. While absolutely no material item can take the place of a loved one, I hope your 1st bv will be able to fill the gap in what ever small way it can and that you find your eclipse veneta soon.

Here's wishing you a happy belated birthday my fellow leo and rest assured that we are all here to lend a listening ear and support whenever you need. :hugs:

Jackie, I know what you mean by using this forum and the bag to help you let loose. This is exactly what I am doing too.

Bags and anything materials can only bring temporary distraction. It won't help us heal or grief. But it is, nonetheless, good distraction. I have been calling my bag purchases my "medical marijuana". It helps numb the pain from time to time, but I can't take too much or too often.

Patiently waiting to see your new bag!