Biscuit brown soft croc print....compare notes please!

friargate732

Nov 17, 2012
Had seen the Bays in the biscuit brown soft croc print on M.com and really thought it looked good,considered buying one.
However,I've just seen an Alexa in the same,in person, at a local Mulberry stockist and was really disappointed in the look of it...thought it seemed quite thin and plasticky, and didn't sit well.

What does anyone else think? :nogood:

Had seen the Bays in the biscuit brown soft croc print on M.com and really thought it looked good,considered buying one.
However,I've just seen an Alexa in the same,in person, at a local Mulberry stockist and was really disappointed in the look of it...thought it seemed quite thin and plasticky, and didn't sit well.

What does anyone else think? :nogood:
Oh now you got me quite worried, my BB Lexy is one her way , she is a very delayed and I hope she will arriving at the end of next week. I have not seen the BB croco IRL so I really do hope it is a lovely leather as I cant stand thin and plastic looking ones...:sad:

Bump!

I've been trying to find some side-by-side pics of the biscuit brown and oak, and I have had no luck. Also curious about the difference between "soft croc print" and ordinary croc print. Has anyone got photos or comments to share?

TIA!

Saw biscuit brown finally and wasn't impressed!

Is it a bit orange/tawny rather than just light brown? In some photos, it looks like light brown, but in others, it looks closer to peach.

I'd love to know what you thought about the texture of soft croc (if that's the leather you saw in this color). I have a Bayswater in printed vegetable tanned leather, and it's very stiff and structured. Wondering if the soft croc is, well, softer (if so, it could be my Goldilocks leather -- just right).

It felt a plasticky to be honest, and the SA said it would be delicate. The colour was what I expected, a warm light bown. I really fancied this Alexa at the sale price and was a bit disappointed. I haven't seen any Reveals or many around so maybe it was a limited production?

Biscuit is not at all peach in tone - definitely a pale creamy brown. The leather is not so thick or pliable as that of my PVT, but in the cecily I like it. The carving makes it slightly less supple than the PVT, but having said that I think it looks great in the cecily - possibly it's more to do with the shape and style of the bag suiting the leather?

Hope that helps? :smile:

Last edited:
Moo is there a great difference in durability of the two finishes? I really like at colour of BB but was put off as the SA said "occasional use only".....perfect for Cecily though!
I can't comment on the longevity as both are fairly recent purchases and I've not used either yet. The leather doesn't strike me as delicate, though the colour warrants a double dose of Collonil. Again, I'd suggest the style of the bag will affect the wear, so would expect an alexa to wear more than the cecily or a bays....:smile:

I've had a chat today with Mulberry Manchester re the croc print. I was surprised to learn that the croc print is cut like the SS. I thought it was the same as the printed ones now discontinued and in the Outlets. I'd heard mention that the croc print lifted like the SS but couldn't understand why. Now I do.

Biscuit is not at all peach in tone - definitely a pale creamy brown. The leather is not so thick or pliable as that of my PVT, but in the cecily I like it. The carving makes it slightly less supple than the PVT, but having said that I think it looks great in the cecily - possibly it's more to do with the shape and style of the bag suiting the leather?

Hope that helps? :smile:

Hmmmm that makes sense....it looks fab on a small structured formal bag but may not be ideal for an Alexa. Thanks Moo! x