Travel Birthright Israel

downrabbithole

theatre fashionista
Jul 3, 2008
I'm just wondering who's gone, who they've gone with and what their experiences were.

Most of my friends have gone and I'm thinking of going with a group for people out of college based in my area with Israel Experts this winter.

Tell me about your experiences! :woohoo:

My best friend went with her cousin a few years ago, and she really liked it. She sent me a postcard and said that all the guys were FINE (her words) :P. They saw a lot of meaningful sites, and the hardest physically was climbing up to the Mossad(?). They went to the dead sea also, I believe..

It sounded like a great experience.

I didn't do birthright, but I went for a summer before I went to college with another program. It was a much longer trip, but it had a huge impression on me. All of my friends that did birthright really enjoyed it. And hey, it's free. So why not?

Just came back from the trip in June.
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G
I went with "Israel Outdoors!" age group 22-26. Met the most wonderful people whom I still keep in contact with and we actually all went out a few weeks ago!
If you have the time, go
If you don't have the time, make time.

I'm not a religious person in any way, and neither was the rest of my peers on the trips as everyone was reform. Some of us never went to synagauge, some went a few times a year, some held informal shabbats at home, some didn't even know was shabbat really entailed (me).
In the end, I learned a great deal and met wonderful people. We even had a chance to interact with israel soliders our age for a few days of the trip. It was great to have the chance to see Israel in a new light, not just what we see and hear on the 10 o'clock news.

And yes, I felt VERY safe...even at the golan heights or driving past areas that were previously attacked.

If you have questions, feel free to PM me.

Please...GO! Israel is the most beautiful place I have ever been too. I have never done birthright because 10 days is just not long enough but it is free and if you are a 1st timer, it's highly recommended. You will meet amazing people and see and DO some unreal things. I also always enjoyed the shopping and the food AND the boys, lol. oooh, I want to go!!