Birthday Necklace

Which Necklace Would You Choose?

• Vintage Alhambra (specify which color)

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Cartier Clash in Small (rose gold)

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Capucelli tennis necklace approx. 3ct (white gold)

Votes: 9 50.0%

• Total voters

Gimmethebag

Gimme Gimme Gimme
O.G.
Dec 2, 2008
I would like another necklace to layer with my Cartier Trinity necklace with a diamond.

Day to day, I mix a lot of metals. I wear mostly Cartier rose gold, with a Trinity necklace and Trinity ring. My e-ring is platinum and I have a pink diamond eternity band in rose gold.

Since handbags are now as expensive as jewelry, I think I want to focus on building up my jewelry collection.

I love both choices #1 and #3 but since you say you want to layer the necklace with your Cartier Trinity, I voted for the tennis necklace. You really can’t go wrong with this piece - it will look good layered with practically any necklace or worn on its own. Careful with Capucelli though as I read a few negative things about that brand and their diamond quality on the tennis necklace thread.

Reactions: Gimmethebag
I have a half tennis necklace (bezel set) and I love it. It's adjustable and you really only see the diamonds. It really is great layering with everything. I have a paperclip and a Cartier love necklace I wear as well. Be careful with the smaller cttw diamond tennis necklaces. They tend to flip.

May I ask if your necklace is the version with the diamond above the trinity rings? Or is it the one in the center of the trinity rings?

This is the one I wear daily. I sometimes layer it with a paper clip chain necklace (yellow gold) or a round turquoise pendant necklace with a diamond halo (white gold).

If I get VCA or the Cartier Clash, I would wear it closer to the neck. If I get a smaller diamond tennis necklace, I would lengthen the drop under.

I feel like the VCA or Cartier would be less flashy, so I could wear it daily around downtown. Depending on the Alhambra (solid gold), I could also wear it to the gym and shower.

The tennis necklace I would wear less often, but I have a really nice pair of diamond inside out hoops that I think would look beautiful with it. I would feel more confident wearing this combo when we’re in FL or if I am going out with my husband.

Attachments

• 32D1368A-0FA2-4526-BE99-46241B23BEDC.jpeg
    32D1368A-0FA2-4526-BE99-46241B23BEDC.jpeg
    144.2 KB · Views: 67
Reactions: lill_canele
I have a half tennis necklace (bezel set) and I love it. It's adjustable and you really only see the diamonds. It really is great layering with everything. I have a paperclip and a Cartier love necklace I wear as well. Be careful with the smaller cttw diamond tennis necklaces. They tend to flip.

Is there a cttw you would recommend?

Reactions: jazminyvette
Is there a cttw you would recommend?
When I tried them on, my jeweler pointed that problem out. To not flip, it has to sit just right on your neck. I opted for a 4cttw half bezel set diamond adjustable necklace. The remaining links are gold dots and you see very little of that part of the necklace. If you could, I would really try some of these on before committing. I never would have chosen my necklace blindly. After trying it on, it definitely was the one for me. I love it. It really adds so much.

tempImageaFf5aj.png

I feel that due to the similar size and both being pendant style necklaces, the VCA and the trinity would be competing with each other (if I tried to visualize them together)

The clash would be interesting, but I think it's kind of odd to make the trinity necklace closer to the neck and the clash longer. I'd prefer it it the other way around. Since the clash is a more flat "C" shape, I feel it would look better being closer to the neck like a choker and the trinity being a little longer down as a pendant.
However, the shapes of the clash and the trinity are very different. One is very edgy and the other one has smooth and soft edges/lines.

The tennis diamond necklace is very classic and @joheinous thank you for the wonderful photo! But like you said, it would probably be a more occasional piece because it is so blingy.

I'm not a layering necklace sort of person, so it's a bit hard for me to give an opinion them. I think your best bet would be to try them all on, take photos, and then compare the photos to see which combination you like the best. If you'd still like more opinions, maybe also post the photos here so we may also get some idea of what the pieces look like on!