Birthday gift tomorrow: 5 motif Blue Agate vs Lucky dilemma!

ffflyin

O.G.
Oct 26, 2012
Hello everyone,

I rarely post on here so hope I am not flouting any rules by starting a new thread. Am celebrating my birthday tomorrow and wanted to pop into VCA to get either the blue agate 5 motif or the lucky Alhambra bracelet.

It’s going to be my first VCA bracelet! I know both pieces are so different in style... I think eventually I’d like to own both but as a starter piece between the two what would you all recommend?

I have tried both on; the blue agate pops more but I’ve always admired the lucky bracelet for years and years. I initially went in to get the blue agate and randomly asked if they had a lucky bracelet and they did!!! I was surprised the price wasn’t hugely different so am now massively conflicted.

Appreciate any and all comments please :smile: thanks in advance!

Reactions: fitti and hhw
I like the blue agate better. Like everyone said, it comes down to your personal preference (and yes, it can be conflicting!)
Happy early birthday! And congratulations on whichever bracelet you end up deciding on!

Reactions: ffflyin
Thank you ladies! I am floored by all the responses. Such a lovely community where people answer my silly questions even though I’m rarely on — thank you again!
Unfortunately I forgot to take photos when I tried both on in store over the weekend (only realised when my SO reminded me after leaving lol).
I will be heading in later today and will try to take pics of both and share which I settled on! Am still so conflicted as I’m the kind of terrible magpie that sees 10 things and likes all 10 haha. Xx

I just bought my lucky bracelet and I love that there are different stones, some of which I wouldn’t get individually for bracelets due to the maintenance (for example, malachite). That said, I am looking at getting a 5-motif bracelet as well at some point. Hope you can reach a decision that works for you! Happy birthday! :smile:

Reactions: CATEYES and ffflyin
I love BA more, but if you are set on the lucky, I feel you should get that one. BA will be available later on, lucky's are harder to come by
Thanks for this nugget of info, I was getting confused as it seems like several SAs and different folk had previously told me the blue agate was hard to come by, and I had thought the lucky was a staple given that I have seen it in the collection for years!

This confirms what the last SA said then — ie blue agate will be part of a new ongoing release and that the lucky is actually rare!

Cheers xx

I just bought my lucky bracelet and I love that there are different stones, some of which I wouldn’t get individually for bracelets due to the maintenance (for example, malachite). That said, I am looking at getting a 5-motif bracelet as well at some point. Hope you can reach a decision that works for you! Happy birthday! :smile:
Thanks fitti! That is a lovely way of thinking about it — I agree I would not for instance immediately consider the tiger’s eye but this is a good way to have that on a piece with other bits and pieces :smile:

I am however worried about the malachite as you say... do you plan on wearing your lucky often? I am concerned the malachite will start showing wear if I do :sad:

Btw from randomly reading on the forum it seems you are based in Singapore! In which case you may have bought the lucky I was eyeing . A little sad but also very amused:giggle:!! If so, congrats on being the “lucky” owner - may you enjoy wearing your piece! Xxx

Last edited:
Reactions: fitti
If u Yu our heart has yearned for the lucky bracelet go for that and put agate on your wish list. My mom has the lucky and it is so special. I have the blue agate and it’s super pretty. Can’t go wrong with either but the lucky can be harder to find.

Reactions: hhw and ffflyin