Birthday gift ideas please!

Nishi621

O.G.
Apr 30, 2006
You all were such a great help last year (my son loved getting his own MP3 player!), that I thought I would try again.

My younger son will turn 7 in a couple of weeks and i honestly have no clue what to get him. He hasn't asked for anything-and he does have tons of things.

He is very into video games-but, we bought him a lot of those last year for Christmas. I know my 2 SIL's will be buying him books (they already told me-they always buy what they feel like buying-they never ask what he would like or what he needs).

Ok-hoping someone out there has another brilliant idea for me! :biggrin:

TheNordstrom Anniversary Sale Early Accessopens to Nordies Insider cardmembers today.
Please support the community andclick here prior to checking out!Don't forget to share your haul in the officialNSALE 2020 thread!

IntlSet

Bonjour!
Jan 29, 2006
Chicago
Is he into Legos? They also have these Lego action figures that seem to be a big hit with kids that age... umm, I think they're called Bionics or something but you can't miss them if you're in a toy store.

Depending on how much you want to spend, you may want to treat him to a day with a few friends... like rollerskating then pizza or something like that!

Aslan

rainy
Nov 12, 2006
New York City
If you feel he already has a lot of "stuff," you should do an event with friends or take him on a special trip. I'm sure he will find an experience much more thrilling if he already has a bunch of playthings.

Nishi621

O.G.
Apr 30, 2006
For his birthday party this year-we are taking him and a group of his friends to the movies and then for pizza and cake. but, I consider that his birthday party. Maybe that should be his gift too? I don't know..................

IntlSet

Bonjour!
Jan 29, 2006
Chicago
For his birthday party this year-we are taking him and a group of his friends to the movies and then for pizza and cake. but, I consider that his birthday party. Maybe that should be his gift too? I don't know..................
If he's not a picky kid, maybe you could disguise something practical as a gift. Like, some cool t-shirts or whatever... I had a boyfriend who lacked for nothing and so his parents used to give him packages of cheap Gold Toe socks for Christmas and he loved it.

shushopn

I Feel Pretty!
O.G.
Jan 13, 2006
Long Island, NY
Oh man Denise!! I thought you were trying to figure out what to get me!!!;):nogood:

You know I have the same problem as you w/ my kids.