Birthday Gift Dilemma - Which Watch??

p3bbz

Resident Catwoman!
O.G.
Oct 10, 2006
Hi Ladies!

I rarely venture into the Jewelry forum but lately I've been eying some of the great goods everyone has! My poor BF is a lost with what to get me for my 30th birthday. He's the practical type and buys me "functional" type items (and maybe the occasional bag). This year I told him I wanted something that won't wear out like clothing or bags but something timeless I can remember him by years later.

We decided on a watch and I fell deeply love with this one
http://www.net-a-porter.com/am/prod...hes&siteID=25ZRSXYPVYg-R6WHpPtGKWJN5x_MRjePQQ

I usually prefer silver over gold for watches but since I needed a new gold bracelet anyway I thought this would kill two birds with one stone. I also already own a vintage silver bracelet/watch so didn't want to go with another silver piece.

Now my question is, do you think the Burberry watch is a bit trendy or too expensive for what it is? I've been a stud girl forever but a part of me says to get something more classic and everyday like a Raymond Weil Tango which I also adore.

My head is leaning me towards practical and everyday but my heart is drooling over the gold studs! :nuts: Thanks in advance for your feedback!

I have a Raymond Weil Tango and I got bored with it after a year or two. It's just so...conservative. Which is great, if that's what you want/need.

I've discovered that I like to have a little more fun with watches, so I think the Burberry is cool. I wouldn't say it's "timless", but I do think you'll be able to wear it with a lot of different fashions for a long time.

I really like the studs. But the description says gold tone, so for that money, I don't think it's worth it. It might be high maintenance to replate it, so maybe someone can chime in about that.

Thanks ladies!

I decided against the Burberry watch. Even though it's stunning as hell it's not worth the money. (There should be a similar bracelet out there somewhere!) I'm still not sure about the Raymond Weil but I will continue to look for something that would suit me more and will be with me for years to come. :heart: