Birthday Fryes! Help? Campus 14L or 14G?

jenbuggy85

I'd rather be thrifting.
O.G.
Oct 17, 2008
I'm looking to purchase one of these styles but I'm hoping to get some comparison shots before I do! I'm curious of the shaft height difference. I found the awesome and GIANT Frye thread but could only find one shot of the 14G.

Would anyone like to show off their boots?

I'm really digging this color... I'd love to see it in real life! :smile:

Thanks ladies and gents! :smile: ImageUploadedByPurseForum1414203292.699316.jpg

If you're into the Campus style can I suggest checking out the vintage Fryes on eBay? Seriously. I recognize that vintage bags aren't everyone's style but Fryes are basically the same style from the 70s. And they're fake-distressed.

But most importantly, the quality of the bootmaking was much, much higher 40 years ago in the "black label" boots. Even the "white label" boots of the 80s and 90s are a lot better than the post-2001 boots for important manufacturing reasons.

If you're going for brown Campus boots and willing to pay ~$300 (the new Frye prices) you can probably even find unworn deadstock that collectors/resellers have pre-conditioned and polished so they're softer and have a better patina than new. It's a win-win.

I am also 5'6" and have pairs of the campus boots in both 14l and 14g. The fit in both is the same. I wear an 8 in fryes and 8's fit me in both. The shaft height is the same . I live in Seattle where it rains a lot and have ruined the leather sole on my 14l pair. Getting them repaired soon but will save them for days with no rain. The 14gs are great in the rain. I do think they feel heavier than the 14ls but they do not look any clunkier. The 14l are smooth oiled leather, the 14g are pebbled leather....more rain repellent.
Mine are black so cannot help with the color. The quality is excellent on my pairs. They are still made in the usa.