Birthday coming up! Classic quilted WOC or LV Speedy?

Jan 16, 2009
hey everyone - i know it's not apples to apples, but i'm trying to decide between the chanel woc in quilted leather versus the louis vuitton speedy b 30. and if chanel, lambskin or caviar.

in chanel pieces, i currently own: gst, jumbo flap, flap wallet; all in caviar black with gold hardware. hence the dilemma. but i feel that if i get the woc, i'll be using it quite a bit, so i would be concerned with durability. hence why the thought on lv speedy, as it is super durable.

any thoughts? thanks so much!

WOC for sure. I have both a LV speedy and a WOC. LV speedys are nice, but not unique. I felt like every time I carried a LV speedy, I was surrounded by other people who carried it (real or fake). I went to jury duty and saw about 7 fakes and 3 real ones. Then I got my WOC and it was a little more special, because no one has it in CO. I live in CO and the only place that sells new Chanel is Neiman Marcus in Denver and they only get 2 WOCs per season. Anyway, the WOC fits everything that I need- cell, keys, etc., and I keep it nice and tidy in there because it is smaller. However, with the LV speedy I was always tempted to throw my things in the bag and it would get quite full. Also, I love the WOC because it can function as a wallet, crossbody, shoulder bag, and clutch. Whereas the LV Speedy was annoying if I was trying to shop or run errands because you would always have to hold it with one hand and couldn't put it up on your shoulder. Also, look at the resale value. On ebay, some people are selling their WOCs for more than what they got them for. And on resale sites, for example- LXR & Co is selling a WOC for $1795 and I'm pretty sure that the WOC was bought before the price increase (when it increased to $2100). You will lose a lot of value on the LV speedy if you ever decide to sell it. I am currently selling my LV speedy so I can get another WOC. Not to say the Speedy isn't nice- it is, I just think the WOC is better. I hope this was helpful.

hi jesslovestim - SO helpful, really appreciate you sharing your thoughts. i live in new york, and speedys and wocs are pretty common here :smile: impressive that you can tell a fake from a real one, i absolutely can't. and totally hear you on the resale value - i did check some of the websites and ebay, and a woc is selling for 300 bucks over retail; which is unreal!

re my lv collection: i have the trevi, neverfull, a cross body (forgot the name), tivoli as far as bags go; and then 5 wallets and also the cles. eeks, thats a LOT!!

Wow I'm impressed with both your collections, I vote for the woc you can wear it cross body or shorten the strap and have it shoulder length. Although the speedy will carry much more than the woc, when I look at both together Chanel always wins. Good luck deciding dear.:thinking:

Both are very different bags...what do you plan to carry inside? I love my WOC bc it's hands free but I def appreciate the storage space of my speedy.

In terms of authenticity, I can't really tell what is real or fake other than by the handles...the oils from our hands will turn darken the leather on the handles. That's why for H bags, some ladies purchase twillys to avoid this problem (and for style).

I guess it will really depend on how you want to use the bag and how much you want to carry? The WOC does not carry a lot - but it is a great get-go bag for quick trips to the shops or an evening out. The LV Speedy is more of a day bag I feel. It really will depend on the purpose I think? Both are great bags. With my Speedy - I got her hot-stamped so you can see she is the real deal !

Caviar Wocs are tough too & no vachetta to worry about (if Mono Speedy).

I can't spot fake LVs but speedies are way more common than WOCs although I know tons of ppl are carrying Chanels in NYC

This is the reason why I don't buy LV canvas anymore. Plus I don't like how speedy doesn't maintain its shape when you carry it.

Any time I turn around the office, mall or supermarket, there is gotta be at least 5 ppl carrying LV!!

Just my two cents

I like the speedy, but if I had both in front of me I would choose the WOC hands down.

Considering you have caviar only, get caviar. My Saks SA has the black caviar with ghw and patent ones - new shipment. I love lambskin but the button closure is a pain and you might prefer the caviar if you're used to caviar as it seems to have more structure. Geez I said caviar too many times haha

Good luck with your choice 👍

I can't spot fake LVs but speedies are way more common than WOCs although I know tons of ppl are carrying Chanels in NYC

This is the reason why I don't buy LV canvas anymore. Plus I don't like how speedy doesn't maintain its shape when you carry it.

Any time I turn around the office, mall or supermarket, there is gotta be at least 5 ppl carrying LV!!

Just my two cents

Yes Speedys are very common where I am too - and plenty of real and fake ones. I keep the shape of my speedy by using a base shaper and it never loses its shape.
But the WOC is a great item and I adore it.