Birkin waitlist / PO question

Status
Not open for further replies.

astronette

Nov 11, 2010
Hi everyone, I tried to find info on this on the forum but didn't find a specific answer.. so, I've understood there are two times in a year when the stores are taking orders for Birkins, I suppose it's somewhere around september and february? How strict is the period, I mean, how can I know the exact right time to go to the shop and to make an order? There isn't a H store in my country, but I'm planning a trip to Nice in jan/feb/mar anyway, so I'd like to know what is the right time to make the order, so I can plan my travel with that in mind.

Thanks in advance ;)

PS Sorry if this question doesn't belong here or something.. I'm new here :shame:

First come, first serve? Do you mean, like, the bags are shipped to the stores, and then they are just sold to the customers, like any other product? I find it hard to believe, as so many people seem to be doing POs and SOs. And like with any other popular product, usually stores are taking names to waiting lists... I guess they just want to make it even harder to get the bag, as it has become too popular, so it won't become just another it-bag ruined by it's popularity...

There is no "set time" or "exact time" to place an order. It varies from year to year, from SA to SA. Within the same store, some SAs are willing to place an order for you, some aren't.

The best is to develop a relationship - once that relationship is formed, orders are taken at every time of the year. (When they submit those orders to Paris is a different story altogether, though - but they will definitely hear you out and take your choices into consideration)

Pyrexia, thanks for the info :flowers: This is basically what I've understood, but wanted to make sure if there is a specific time for taking orders. I spoke on the phone with a SA from the leather department at FSH today, about the box leather availability, and she let me understood that they might be taking orders for box birkins in february, but it could take many years for the bag to be made. Probably it helps a lot to create a relationship with an SA, which I'm looking forward to, but I guess the most important thing is to be genuinely intrested in the brand and the leathers etc. Otherwise I guess she would've told me they're not taking orders at all :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.