Birkin through airport/security/x-ray

I have a shopping bag that folds to nothing and I open it up and put my H bags in there whenever it goes through X-ray and underneath the seat or next to my legs on planes.

Here's an example when my Birkin flew to Brussels. The shopping bag covers my whole Birkin and is also somewhat waterproof since it's some form of laminated canvas. We have a lot of this bags in different colors in Switzerland and Germany since we normally have to pay for grocery bags and these are very useful for shopping and travelling.

brussels_plane.jpg

I have a shopping bag that folds to nothing and I open it up and put my H bags in there whenever it goes through X-ray and underneath the seat or next to my legs on planes.

Here's an example when my Birkin flew to Brussels. The shopping bag covers my whole Birkin and is also somewhat waterproof since it's some form of laminated canvas. We have a lot of this bags in different colors in Switzerland and Germany since we normally have to pay for grocery bags and these are very useful for shopping and travelling.

View attachment 77691

Did you buy a plane ticket for your Birkin??:wtf:

View attachment 77691

Glad to see that she has the safety belt on....:roflmfao:

There are so many uses for the Pliage. It will be great when travelling Birkin-less in Europe etc. because I can pop it in my suitcase (it folds up so perfectly) and have an instant second bag at hand if/when needed.

Gina, TV...Help!

The large Longchamp SO is 14" high according to the website...the handles on the 35 birkin are 16" high...

Is this correct? Can you close the Longchamp zipper with the 35 birkin inside?

SoCal -- if you get the large pliage from the custom order website, then you will be able to close the tote with the 35 birkin inside. (I posted pics of this somewhere on this thread, I think.) The handles will bend ever so slightly in order to accommodate the pliage zipper, but don't worry! Once you get to your destination, the handles of the birkin go back to their original position. Trust me, I've literally just done this with my 35 birkin, flying from the US to Europe.

SoCal/Gina- I would try this also with my new Pliages but my 35 cm Birkin (my only Birkin) is at the spa and being blind-stamped by Manuela. I should be getting it back in 1-2 weeks. OT- it's funny because I didn't use my Birkin much for the past 6 mos. but the minute I brought it to SCP to have them send it to Manuela I started missing it and wishing I could wear it.

I actually just zip it to the point of where I have to bend the handles, and then I stop. I figure it's pretty safe in there with the straps hooked on the turnlock.