Birkin Shoulder bag 40 - thoughts and comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pmrbfay

Mar 5, 2016
Hello. Does anyone have any thoughts on the Birkin Shoulder bag 40? Pros? Cons?

I'm thinking of purchasing this size, and was wondering what any owners of this bag think about it. Thank you!

Last edited:
Hello. Does anyone have any thoughts on the Birkin 40? Pros? Cons?

I'm thinking of purchasing this size, and was wondering what any owners of this bag think about it. Thank you!

I have to say... I saw a lady with 40 birkin getting on a flight and it looked awesome as a travel bag. She was with 2 kids and it was filled to the top. I loved it!

No worries! I have one 40 cm. It is BIG (and I'm relatively tall at 5'8") but it is carryable for me, and definitely an awesome travel bag, as xiaoxiao says. For an everyday bag, I stick to 35 cm, and with the current emphasis on mini-bags, I've even been considering trying a 30.
ETA: Oh, phooey, I just read your post properly, and you are talking about a 42 cm SHOULDER BIRKIN! Like the JPG, or its second iteration. You are completely right and I was totally wrong, the shoulder Birkin is 42 cm. I'm so sorry. (READ next time, Mindi!)
Ahem. I have two shoulder Birkins. I love them as they are a bit unusual. They are heavy and big, so be sure the weight and length don't overwhelm you.
And, again, so sorry for my error.
Duh.

Reactions: Hermezzy
I only travel with B40's and love them. I also have a 42cm shoulder birkin, but find it actually less useful compared to the B40 because they're very shallow and wide, with no internal pockets. To me the 42 also feels a lot heavier since everything on it is a bit "oversized" including the hardware (that was the style per JPG). Between the two, I would definitely pick the B40.

Reactions: Hermezzy
I don't think the shoulder Birkin is in regular production anymore. I expect you would have a much better chance at finding a standard Birkin 40. I encourage you to browse this forum, which has oodles of info on how to find the bag of your dreams. Generally (although a 40 cm may be slightly easier to find), one doesn't just walk into a boutique and either find or be able to order what you want. There is a limited supply of Birkins and Kellys, particularly, so some patience and commitment to the brand is usually required before one of these bags comes your way. But, again, search on the forum for lots and lots of relevant info and advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.