BIRKIN: SHOULD I or SHOULDN'T I

stellaparis, that was fast! I'm so envious of all the ladies in Paris!! Or maybe not, as I would be broke faster than ever!

attachment.php

Gorgeous, gorgeous!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Stella!Wow! She is beautiful and timeless. I think you made a perfect choice on the size, color, and the leather! That was such a short wait! Do you live in Paris? (I wonder if the waits are shorter in Paris than in other countries/continents...) The lock and key look good the way you have them

I was in Paris in early October visiting friends (I lived in London for 4 years before moving to San Francisco). It was a girls week, full of shopping, dining and taking in the culture of that fabulous city. One of my friends desperately wanted a Birkin so we headed to the flagship store on a Monday morning when it was relatively quiet. Apparently October is when the store begins to get crazy busy with tourist holiday shopping. Never go on a Saturday. I ran into the salesperson who helped me purchase my Massai bag the previous year (my only other Hermes purchase). He remembered me and asked how he could help me this year. I described my "dream bag", asking lots of questions, never thinking he'd open his order book and take down specifications. Before I knew it, I had a bag on order that would be ready before the holidays - hence the panic attack! I received my letter within 4 weeks of the trip. There are some skins that take longer. I learned that you have the best chance of placing an order in the St. Honore store. Even the other boutiques in Paris can't take customer orders. They also ramp up production for the holidays - so I guess my timing and the relationship with the salesperson was spot on. Next time I go back, I'll aim for an invitation to their private museum!