Birkin Sellier

I was looking for a thread which talked about all things Birkin Sellier but I couldn't find it on the forum, so I wanted to create a dedicated thread about it. The Birkin Sellier 25 is on my current wish list. What leathers does it usually come in? For those of you who have one, can you share pics of it and would you recommend it? Thanks in advance.
ETA Since I love all things Chevre, has anyone been able to make a Birkin Sellier in Chevre?
Here's the dedicated thread to Birkin Sellier. ;)

I was looking for a thread which talked about all things Birkin Sellier but I couldn't find it on the forum, so I wanted to create a dedicated thread about it. The Birkin Sellier 25 is on my current wish list. What leathers does it usually come in? For those of you who have one, can you share pics of it and would you recommend it? Thanks in advance.
ETA Since I love all things Chevre, has anyone been able to make a Birkin Sellier in Chevre?
I wish I could help, I have a 30 in epsom. I believe my girlfriend has a 25 also in epsom and I have not seen one in any other leather so far for the sellier B and I think it's because in epsom leather a sellier provides added structure in the Birkin style. Maybe a sellier kelly because of the dimensions and structure is the reason you can get sellier in multitude of leathers but if you find a Birkin sellier in other than epsom please tag me and I will do the same :hugs:

I do not believe it has been produced in chevre yet. So far I’ve seen: Epsom, Madame, Grained Monsieur, and Box leather Birkin Selliers.

Thank you. They took it back and gave me store credit. It’s a shame though because the color is gorgeous. Guess I’ll have to do a SO one day

Sad I didn’t even use it once

View attachment 5592524
Tina, I am so very sorry to hear of the craftsmanship issue on your Sellier Birkin :sad:

I once had to accept a boutique credit for a leather quality issue. It is so disappointing because we want the bag, not a credit in lieu of the bag. In my case, it was two years before they were able to source a specific bag I wanted, and by that time the bag price had increased, which diminished the relative value of the credit.

Since your situation was recent, I’d suggest you politely yet firmly communicate to your SA—or speak directly to the SM—that you’d like the same color and style bag you originally had. The longer it takes to use your credit, the higher the price will be for the identical bag—due to price increases. That was the lesson I learned from my situation. In my case, I couldn’t accomplish an exact replacement bag because Hermès had taken the color out of production.

What color was your returned Sellier Birkin? I know you said you loved the color, but I couldn’t quite tell from your photo. I do hope you end up with an acceptable bag offer to allow you to use your credit before the color and/or the pricing changes.

Hi, my SA texted me saying my B25 sellier in gold with phw is on the way. This is indeed my first birkin and I am so much over the moon!
I would like to get an insert for it. I check with Mai Tai. She says her current stock is probably too long for a sellier. Is 7rp the only option? Or any other brands you will recommend?

Thank you
I have an organizer insert that fit in a 30 Sellier B I tried on recently. My insert is made by PurseN (http://shoppursen.com).

Congratulations on your offer. Do post a photo of your new Sellier Birkin for us!

Absolutely in love with the B sellier…it’s as if Kelly and Birkin had the perfect baby together … began the year with a bang and ending it with an explosion of Rainbows
View attachment 5227842
Absolutely in love with the B sellier…it’s as if Kelly and Birkin had the perfect baby together … began the year with a bang and ending it with an explosion of Rainbows

@TheMrsoftheHBtheHB, Wow, how lovely will you pups look in your new rainbow SB! Is she a 40?

Reactions: jenngu
You will be very happy. Congratulations :smile: At first, I wasn’t sure and now I’m hooked. Just picked up my 2nd sellier for the year. I’m obsessed and keep repeating, it’s as if Birkin and Kelly had the perfect love child :smile:View attachment 5256294View attachment 5256295
Wow! This bag is extraordinary, TheMrsoftheHB! My heart is dancing for you!

I am glad to see this rainbow SB comes with PHW as the initial photo I saw was with GHW. May I please know if your photos were both taken inside, and whether the top photo was taken with flash and the other photo was taken without flash?

In a 35? Interesting… I was told so far there are only 2 Noir sellier B35 ..one in PHW and one in GHW .. then the beautiful sea of colors in the BS30 are available of course. Was told the noir 35BS with PHW was in Cali. Sounds like more shipments came in, if I understood you correctly. That’s always a :smile: good sign. Was offered it and passed because I had my heart set on GHW. Never saw it in person, only pics. Looked lovely but PHW in noir looked more masculine in my opinion, in that size. I passed on the SO this year because I had my heart set on either a tricolor or quadcolor and those don’t come in SO. :sad: One can only wish that one day they will ;)
@TheMrsoftheHB, May I please know the color of the leather inside your Sunset BS 35? Is it Chévre?

Tina, I am so very sorry to hear of the craftsmanship issue on your Sellier Birkin :sad:

I once had to accept a boutique credit for a leather quality issue. It is so disappointing because we want the bag, not a credit in lieu of the bag. In my case, it was two years before they were able to source a specific bag I wanted, and by that time the bag price had increased, which diminished the relative value of the credit.

Since your situation was recent, I’d suggest you politely yet firmly communicate to your SA—or speak directly to the SM—that you’d like the same color and style bag you originally had. The longer it takes to use your credit, the higher the price will be for the identical bag—due to price increases. That was the lesson I learned from my situation. In my case, I couldn’t accomplish an exact replacement bag because Hermès had taken the color out of production.

What color was your returned Sellier Birkin? I know you said you loved the color, but I couldn’t quite tell from your photo. I do hope you end up with an acceptable bag offer to allow you to use your credit before the color and/or the pricing changes.
Thank you for this very kind response! The bag color is vert de gris. I was told that they don’t know if they’ll ever get this bag again this year. My SA was very kind throughout this whole process and told me to consider ostrich for its structure. He took my top 5 list last time I saw him and hope I can get a replacement soon. I spent all of my credit already on RTW, shoes and a rocking chair for the kiddo. Still want a b sellier one day but I’ll definitely inspect it before leaving the store

I also found it extremely difficult to open and close the flap of my Birkin 25 sellier. Whenever I close the flap, I need to push the turn lock all the way up and pull the flap all the way down such that lock can slip inside the metal on the flap. I start worrying about when the turn lock will eventually yield and break. Does anyone experience the same issue and how you gals close the flap of a birkin sellier with ease?
I have this issue on a 32K. It’s exactly as you described. I try to be mindful of it, especially when it’s resting on my forearm and I’m trying to close it with the opposite hand. I’ve never seen a turnlock break off and I’m not concerned about that happening to mine. If it ever were to happen, Hermès would take it back and repair it – for a fee, of course.
They are pretty strong.

Reactions: paula24jen
@azukitea May I please know what size Birkin Sellier you carry that fits your iPad Pro? I saw a YouTube video of B35 showing iPad Pro fit into the Retourne style but not into the Sellier style.
Mine is a 30
And the iPad Pro is 25cm in width (i think mine is the ipad pro 11?) including the apple Magic Keyboard
If I take the key board off leaving the iPad alone it is even smaller

791F26F3-9699-4F68-94C5-076EA140BA7D.jpegF678B868-EBDE-465F-8735-2DF577654AAF.jpeg66A5D204-2E0C-49DD-881B-90F05EDDF11E.jpegBFD3FF4A-9C2F-4CB2-B3F0-AA655AE98D81.jpeg

Last edited: