Birkin Sellier

So anytime I wanted to open or close the bag, I would have had to be extra careful that the flap didn’t rub against that part (which is hard to do with a sturdy bag). It looks like it wasn’t really waxed there when I initially got it, and my local store Re-waxed it. Unfortunately the edge was already stretched so they wouldn’t have been able to resolve that. And… the tear would have kept happening even if they fixed it again and again

Next time I’ll inspect my bags before leaving the store. I do think I was just very unlucky and the customer service was fantastic

Ah, I see, thanks so much for the additional info. So unfortunate, but very glad they handled the situation so well for you. Best wishes in finding a replacement, hopefully soon! :flowers:

Hi Everyone,

I’m not sure if I also have a rip on my Birkin sellier as well and was hoping someone can give me advice. I also find it very difficult to open the flap over the buckle, does everyone else have the same issue?

I’m not sure if that was caused from trying to open the flap over the buckle but I didn’t notice it until I got home as I was too excited

Thank you!!! 2EB6C443-3221-453E-9A82-5BFC4464644D.jpeg75A661AD-C286-4F40-B7D1-EEA4A6C7A5FB.jpeg

Miy black one is only about 1 year 9 months old and it is holding up just fine but then again the sellier birkins were a re release from a few years back and I was told there was a huge gap from initial release to the re release in 2021...I take it you're looking for one older than that? Mine looks prestine and it gets a lot of wear, but I contribute it's immaculate looks to the combination of Epsom leather and sellier style :hugs:

• Love
Reactions: 880 and TKYU
Miy black one is only about 1 year 9 months old and it is holding up just fine but then again the sellier birkins were a re release from a few years back and I was told there was a huge gap from initial release to the re release in 2021...I take it you're looking for one older than that? Mine looks prestine and it gets a lot of wear, but I contribute it's immaculate looks to the combination of Epsom leather and sellier style :hugs:
Glad to hear it's holding up well! Do you use an insert or pillow to maintain it's shape?

Glad to hear it's holding up well! Do you use an insert or pillow to maintain it's shape?
I use the Hermes fourbe (bag organizer) while in use and when not in use, I stuff it with the air pillow and tissue it came with.... I love epsom leather, I have birkins that are 20 plus years old that have kept their shape over the years (actually courchevel leather predecessor to epsom but same difference IMHO)

Reactions: stillfabulous
Hi Everyone,

I’m not sure if I also have a rip on my Birkin sellier as well and was hoping someone can give me advice. I also find it very difficult to open the flap over the buckle, does everyone else have the same issue?

I’m not sure if that was caused from trying to open the flap over the buckle but I didn’t notice it until I got home as I was too excited

Thank you!!! View attachment 5606654View attachment 5606656
I also found it extremely difficult to open and close the flap of my Birkin 25 sellier. Whenever I close the flap, I need to push the turn lock all the way up and pull the flap all the way down such that lock can slip inside the metal on the flap. I start worrying about when the turn lock will eventually yield and break. Does anyone experience the same issue and how you gals close the flap of a birkin sellier with ease?

Reactions: Heart.90
I also found it extremely difficult to open and close the flap of my Birkin 25 sellier. Whenever I close the flap, I need to push the turn lock all the way up and pull the flap all the way down such that lock can slip inside the metal on the flap. I start worrying about when the turn lock will eventually yield and break. Does anyone experience the same issue and how you gals close the flap of a birkin sellier with ease?
I’ve never closed my B25 sellier. Not sure that I can. But it’s durable. Although I just got it this year, a few weeks after, i accepted a bottle of soarkling water at H. The cap wasn’t tightly closed, and it leaked an inch of water into the bag. I walked home and didn’t notice bc it’s apparently as tight as a drum. My SA told me to turn it upside down over a wine bottle; let it dry; and it’s fine. A few faint marks, but now it just looks like it’s mine :rolleyes: . So I feel like it may be the equivalent of a few years old, and it’s aging well. Needless to say, I try not to accept water to go at H anymore lol.

Hi Everyone,

Thank you!!! View attachment 5606654View attachment 5606656
No no no issues at all with mine. Take it back to your SA should free repair

I too struggle when I try to close the bag and I was really scared of braking the turn lock . As it’s brand new and in box leather, I thought it was due to that and my inexperience in size 25…
I haven’t even used it outside yet ( it’s more an even bag for me in that size) but I don’t think I’m going to close it anyway in the places where I’ll go with, so it’s fine. I do often close my other Bs though when in public transportation but that’s quick .

I too struggle when I try to close the bag and I was really scared of braking the turn lock . As it’s brand new and in box leather, I thought it was due to that and my inexperience in size 25…
I haven’t even used it outside yet ( it’s more an even bag for me in that size) but I don’t think I’m going to close it anyway in the places where I’ll go with, so it’s fine. I do often close my other Bs though when in public transportation but that’s quick .
In my opinion you should have your SA look at it. They are meant to me closed and not pull awkwardly in any way. The turn lock is not just for looks, it's actually meant for extra protection for situations as you mentioned above. It's free to have your SA look at it. Of course the leather takes a bit to soften and it gets easier with use when closing the flap but I take it your referring to the hardware more than anything else so that (the hardware) should not be pulling up (the leather awkwardly) when closed. Hope that helps. :hugs:

• Insightful
  • Love
Reactions: papertiger and ILQA
Thank you for your advice ! I’m going to show him and ask if I manage anything maybe the wrong way … or if it’s just Box that has to soften.
Oh I'm so sorry I must have missed what type of leather it was but yes it's always best to ask your SA, you can always text a short video or text pictures and they are excellent about replying. 99.99%of the time they will say bring it in but at least then you will also have a video comparison over time to see if it got easier to close it. Have a beautiful weekend darling and know you're in the best of hands. H never wants you to have any doubts or issues with their items so they address and correct it quickly....Eventhough they may send it off to Paris to be looked at and that can take like 3 months or more but it's in great hands. Unless you live in an area where they have someone local, they are quicker.Best of luck to ya :hugs:

• Love
Reactions: ILQA
I was looking for a thread which talked about all things Birkin Sellier but I couldn't find it on the forum, so I wanted to create a dedicated thread about it. The Birkin Sellier 25 is on my current wish list. What leathers does it usually come in? For those of you who have one, can you share pics of it and would you recommend it? Thanks in advance.
ETA Since I love all things Chevre, has anyone been able to make a Birkin Sellier in Chevre?

Last edited: