Birkin Sellier

I really like the look in photos but I would have to Hold and walk to see how it feels against my body. I have 5 of the whitebus bags which I absolutely love as briefcases but they are longer and do not have the depth. Losing the retourne corners it could ‘feel’ like carrying a square box.

I got one in October, in size 30 in Monsieur leather.. Love the sleek look and that it’s not so common, and couldn’t believe it’s the first bag offered to me ever in H store.
However, it’s not the most practical as the leather is stiff and it’s impossible to close fully (I struggle to do it even for storing). I miss the usual B softness you get, even in stiffer leathers in “retourne”.
I own a K28 sellier in epsom and K32 sellier in box, and both are more practical due to different opening.

Attachments

• A38F5598-102D-473D-BF00-25463709107C.jpeg
    A38F5598-102D-473D-BF00-25463709107C.jpeg
    134.4 KB · Views: 745
I got one in October, in size 30 in Monsieur leather.. Love the sleek look and that it’s not so common, and couldn’t believe it’s the first bag offered to me ever in H store.
However, it’s not the most practical as the leather is stiff and it’s impossible to close fully (I struggle to do it even for storing). I miss the usual B softness you get, even in stiffer leathers in “retourne”.
I own a K28 sellier in epsom and K32 sellier in box, and both are more practical due to different opening.
Thank you so much for providing insight into this mystery Birkin.
Can you tell me what do you mean by "impossible to close fully"? Like have the flap secured? Just curious because I carry my Birkins open all the time (and by open I mean as depicted in my avatar) so I'm not sure this is an issue...

When I say close fully, I meant put the flap outside and secure it. But the same stiffness applies when I put it inside (how it’s on my photo and your avatar - that’s also how I prefer to carry it on my B35) - it doesn’t stand nicely inside. It’s hard for me to explain this feeling, it’s just so hard and stiff and not easy to put anything inside the bag or take out. Probably a combination of sellier and leather type. Maybe it “relaxes” a bit with time...

Don’t get me wrong, it’s a gorgeous bag and I don’t regret buying it, but isn’t practical enough as my work horse, which I hoped it would be.

The Birkin Sellier first debuted in Spring/Summer 2015 in size 40 only. (Pic from @s2861301)
img_1496475783-225944-jpg.3718538

Fast forward to the Resort 2019 runway show, we see sightings of the Birkin Sellier again. It was only available as a push offer item in size 30 and 35 in Veau Naturelle and Veau Graine Monsieur for Spring.
_lll0854-jpg.4209057

img_9599-jpg.4219696

It is however now available from podium for current Fall/Winter 2019. It now comes in size 25, 30, and 35. The various leathers available include Epsom, Veau Madame and Veau Monsieur.
View attachment 4605537 Bleu de Minuit Birkin Sellier (credit: seasonhuang on IG)

So, what are your thoughts on the Birkin Sellier? Yes, no, maybe so? :giggle: Discuss! :nuts:
Love it!