Birkin Sellier... Thoughts?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. The Birkin Sellier first debuted in Spring/Summer 2015 in size 40 only. (Pic from @s2861301)
    [​IMG]
    Fast forward to the Resort 2019 runway show, we see sightings of the Birkin Sellier again. It was only available as a push offer item in size 30 and 35 in Veau Naturelle and Veau Graine Monsieur for Spring.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It is however now available from podium for current Fall/Winter 2019. It now comes in size 25, 30, and 35. The various leathers available include Epsom, Veau Madame and Veau Monsieur.
    Screenshot_20191203-121105_Instagram.jpg Bleu de Minuit Birkin Sellier (credit: seasonhuang on IG)

So, what are your thoughts on the Birkin Sellier? Yes, no, maybe so? :giggle: Discuss! :nuts:

2. Totally yes, love structured bags. Bring me one lol.

3. Er not for me.

4. Birkin Sellier has that edgy look - why not? :smile:

Txoceangirl and Etriers like this.
  5. Hi!

Could be the pictures, but: the first one is a definitive no for me.

2nd and 3rd look fabulous.

4th is a "maybe".

Not sure where that puts me. Sorry.

Kind regards,
    Oliver

6. Thank you for this @Meta! Emphatic yes from me. When offered a BBB30 I hesitated for a moment thinking I'd prefer a Sellier but was told (a few weeks ago) it would be push only, so no gtee.

To hear now that it's PO (for current A/W19? Hasn't that passed or apologies if I'm mistaken on timing) is exciting but also sad for my wallet!

Etriers and Meta like this.
  7. One big YES from me

Etriers likes this.
  8. I think the Birkin is perfect for sellier, with it being a square tote and all. I'd love to see it in a soft leather, that contrast, like a swift... A mou Birkin sellier could be so cool.

cinder and Etriers like this.
  9. There is a long Birkin Sellier thread starting from the first release here .

I think it's absolutely beautiful in the smaller sizes, but I've owned a Whitebus which is similarly structured and that level of structure in an open tote wasn't for me.

eckw, verytotes, TraceySH and 2 others like this.
  10. One word. WANT!!!!!!!!

Etriers likes this.
  11. #11 Dec 3, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    The sangle sizes look all over the map—-Is it just the pictures or are they trying different proportions?

Lol! Oliver you crack me up.

I don’t know, she’s kind of a snootier version of her Retourne cousin. As it is, I’m not all that crazy about seeing people carrying Birkins around in 5 inch stilettos with their wrists up in the air like they’re holding a teacup with a poised pinkie finger...It’s a tote bag for crying out loud, throw your cr@p in it and get moving....But as long as we can keep our heads and don’t start carrying it with evening gowns just because it’s Sellier, I’m all in. :smile:

12. I like the smaller ones -- would be a great addition to one's collection.

chicinthecity777 and Etriers like this.
  13. I think it's beautiful but it wouldn't be my first choice.

Clearblueskies and Etriers like this.
  14. #14 Dec 3, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    And there will be a B Sellier Mini which will hold one artfully folded tissue and a (small) stick of gum!

15. In complete agreement with you.

the_black_tie_diyer and Etriers like this.