Birkin RGHW question

Would you bring it back to the shop and ask for an exchange?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

apschang

Sep 30, 2019
I just got my first RGHW Birkin and was dismayed to discover that the inside zip is yellow gold. Does anyone else have this issue? I purchased the bag directly from Hermes boutique. I messaged my SA and she said it’s normal, which I find hard to believe...?2E0D4142-A7E2-44AF-893F-D2E91A42CBA1.jpeg

I just got my first RGHW Birkin and was dismayed to discover that the inside zip is yellow gold. Does anyone else have this issue? I purchased the bag directly from Hermes boutique. I messaged my SA and she said it’s normal, which I find hard to believe...?View attachment 4706552
It is a nice purse. It is normal. But personally, I want the outside to match the inside hw so that will not be cool with me either.

Reactions: apschang
Rghw is beautiful. It is such a shame that the hardware and zip don’t match. For me, I cannot accept that the inside zipper is gold, not for wallet and not for birkin. For this reason I decided not to request for a Rghw birkin anymore until one day all the hardware matches.

I know people won’t see the zip but I will see it every time I use the birkin or wallet.

For a Constance with Rghw I will jump at it.

Reactions: apschang
Rghw is beautiful. It is such a shame that the hardware and zip don’t match. For me, I cannot accept that the inside zipper is gold, not for wallet and not for birkin. For this reason I decided not to request for a Rghw birkin anymore until one day all the hardware matches.

I know people won’t see the zip but I will see it every time I use the birkin or wallet.

For a Constance with Rghw I will jump at it.
My RGHW Constance inside zipper is GHW as well. Just so you know.

Thank you for all your replies. I’m reassured to know that mine is not a defective bag but I’m disappointed that H was not more meticulous about matching the internal hardware. I suppose it must be a technical issue but still... Anyway I’ve decided to keep my bag. Maybe one day if/when I have enough Bs I will rehome this one but for now I will enjoy it and try not to notice the inside zipper!

Wow I never even noticed and I have several RGHW bags. Now that I know the zipper is gold... woops... I still don't care hahahah The one thing that does bother me a bit is that the HERMES stamping is gold. That is on the front of the bag (visible on a Birkin). I mean they can't make a rose gold stamp??? However, I'd never turn down or return a bag for this... Just me. MORE ROSE GOLD FOR ME PLEASE H GODS!!!! hahahahaha

Last edited: