Birkin RGHW question

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
?

Would you bring it back to the shop and ask for an exchange?

Poll closed Apr 16, 2020.
  1. Yes

18.9%
  2. No

81.1%
  1. I just got my first RGHW Birkin and was dismayed to discover that the inside zip is yellow gold. Does anyone else have this issue? I purchased the bag directly from Hermes boutique. I messaged my SA and she said it’s normal, which I find hard to believe...? 2E0D4142-A7E2-44AF-893F-D2E91A42CBA1.jpeg

2. I have ever seen a purse where the outside hardware is gold but the zip is PHW

So I am not too surprised to see your zip in gold ...

3. It is normal, it's been discussed here a few times. I believe the outside stamp is gold too? Regardless, I think it's odd and it's soured me on RGHW.

4. It’s normal. It’s been mentioned a couple times here.

Also some wallets and Constances too with RGHW outside have gold zippers inside.

Daosabao and apschang like this.
  5. They don’t have the full complement of RGHW parts for the bags so this is normal. I reckon Hermes feels it’s not as noticeable on inside zips and just goes with it. However I think mixing GHW and PHW is a mistake/ defect.

6. apschang likes this.
  7. It is a nice purse. It is normal. But personally, I want the outside to match the inside hw so that will not be cool with me either.

apschang likes this.
  8. i would exchange it if it were mine. i prefer them to match. just my opinion.

apschang likes this.
  9. My RGHW bags all come with gold zippers, and I dont believe they ever match them with RG zipper in terms of bags, as much as I wish H to do so

GoldFish8, acrowcounted and apschang like this.
  10. Rghw is beautiful. It is such a shame that the hardware and zip don’t match. For me, I cannot accept that the inside zipper is gold, not for wallet and not for birkin. For this reason I decided not to request for a Rghw birkin anymore until one day all the hardware matches.

I know people won’t see the zip but I will see it every time I use the birkin or wallet.

For a Constance with Rghw I will jump at it.

apschang likes this.
  11. My RGHW Constance inside zipper is GHW as well. Just so you know.

12. I'd return it. But that's just me

13. Thank you for all your replies. I’m reassured to know that mine is not a defective bag but I’m disappointed that H was not more meticulous about matching the internal hardware. I suppose it must be a technical issue but still... Anyway I’ve decided to keep my bag. Maybe one day if/when I have enough Bs I will rehome this one but for now I will enjoy it and try not to notice the inside zipper!

14. #14 Apr 10, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
    Wow I never even noticed and I have several RGHW bags. Now that I know the zipper is gold... woops... I still don't care hahahah The one thing that does bother me a bit is that the HERMES stamping is gold. That is on the front of the bag (visible on a Birkin). I mean they can't make a rose gold stamp??? However, I'd never turn down or return a bag for this... Just me. MORE ROSE GOLD FOR ME PLEASE H GODS!!!! hahahahaha

Greendragon, eckw, Elly_N and 5 others like this.
  15. I mean a Constance bag :smile: but thanks