Birkin Reds

I have a red togo, but can't remember what the name was...it's red but has a orange hue...so it's like a cinnamon red...it was the only brighter red I saw in the leather book so I chose it, the other red was too dark for me.

Happy1, how hard was it for you to get your Birkin? Did you have to wait long? If you have time fill us in. (maybe yours was the rouge...a bright red like cherry?) Do you love your choice? Any regret?

Kellybag said:
Happy1, how hard was it for you to get your Birkin? Did you have to wait long? If you have time fill us in. (maybe yours was the rouge...a bright red like cherry?) Do you love your choice? Any regret?
I was never on a wait list, it was really by chance. I went to Hermes to pick up a bow tie for my dad, and I ask an SA ( happened to be manager) if they had any birkins and I told them I had a specific one in mind, he asked the SA that I have worked with before to take my order, and I placed my "special order" and it took about 8-9 months for them to get it.
I always wanted my birkin to stand out so I chose red and it's the only red bag I have. I love the bag but it is highly inconvenient without a shoulder strap and togo leather is heavy.
I think Hermes gets a lot of people who place orders but doesn't come through with the purchase because after I picked up mine, my SA was quick to offer me the next order date if I wanted another special order. It must have been the drugs because I received the bag a week after my daughter was born and I didn't follow up with another order for the next year.
I just placed an order for a black, chevre 32 Kelly...I figure this would be more useful. My next "want" is the gold Chevre birkin....I will be in Paris next month so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Happy, are you going for the Chevre this time due to the heaviness of the Togo or just beacuse you love the leather? Do you still really like your Togo leather?

I am a big fan of a red Birkin and that is why I asked about one.

Many here on the forum have told me I would be completely happy with the Togo, but if I am not mistaken I think it was Gigi that loves the Chevre and has my mind ticking with her world of great info.

My plan is to purchase a 35 Birkin, but I am not 100 % on the color as of yet. I too have three little ones (2,4,6 years old), so it can be tough to have a handbag. My favorites are tophandles like the Kelly and I am finally at the point where I can carry them without a struggle with the kids. They all listen now and I can pretty much have my hands free. That is why the Birkin is calling my name.

I'm going for the Kelly in Chevre because I think the Kelly looks best in Chevre if it's not in an exotic leather. I still love the togo because it makes the birkin look more casual and the leather is incredibly hardy...it's will weather a lot throwing around. I had originally wanted to use it as a mini briefcase as my computer slips right into it. Depending on your style, the cherve will make the birkin look more refined.

I don't think you can use the Kelly without closing the flap...where as the birkin is great as a tote with an opened top.

I will post pictures once I have my bag, I'm in a temporary living arrangement as our house is being built. I have all my stuff in our condo in another city.

Let me know what you end up getting...

I'm going for the Kelly in Chevre because I think the Kelly looks best in Chevre if it's not in an exotic leather. I still love the togo because it makes the birkin look more casual and the leather is incredibly hardy...it's will weather a lot throwing around. I had originally wanted to use it as a mini briefcase as my computer slips right into it. Depending on your style, the cherve will make the birkin look more refined.

I don't think you can use the Kelly without closing the flap...where as the birkin is great as a tote with an opened top.

I will post pictures once I have my bag, I'm in a temporary living arrangement as our house is being built. I have all my stuff in our condo in another city.

Let me know what you end up getting...

Happy1, A Black Chevre Kelly will be incredible! Box and Chevre are my faves for a Kelly! A gold Chevre Birkin is my dream B!

kellybag, I slightly prefer Rouge Vif to Vermillion. Vermillion is a tomato red with more orange in it. Rouge Vif is a bright lipstick red with a VERY slight raspberry pink undertone.

There is also Rouge Hermes, or just Rouge H. That's the color of the Trim in my avatar, although it's brighter in the picture. Rouge H has a burst of color while still being more of a neutral than vermillion or Rouge Vif.

I need to go find my receipt...and see what exactly I bought. I've only used my birkin a couple of times...just wasn't suited for my mommy to newborn lifestyle.

I'm excited about my Kelly...but will take all year, ordered in Jan, won't receive until end of year.