Birkin Question

you will need wheels for birkin 50's, too heavy and it's not practical; i will not put any of my birkins on top of the overhead compartment, it will crush them with other people's carryall luggage. But of course if you always travel first class it will be less of a problem.........

I think quite a few airlines have restrictions on any carry-on bag that are 45cm in length. This may limit the use of the 50cm birkin as a travel bag if you travel frequently

I have used several sizes (about 60 cm) for carry on (internationally) I could put them in front of me or if I had the bulkseat the stewards would put them above or in a different department just for start up (as I Needed the bag for my kids during flight).

I just purchased the Amazonia Large tote to deal with all the travel issues.

There is a large travel sized Birkin now in the Manchester store ( UK) but I can't remember whether it is 50 or 60 cm. It was a neutral colour like natural or gold. It seemed huge and very heavy - and I'm no slouch - and the fastening was really, really stiff. Worked more as an objet d'art than a piece of luggage but the 50 cm Paris-Bombay wowed me for its very classy looks, lightweightness and its capacity to actually take some luggage.