birkin owner, do you use your baby everyday?

ChloeSS

O.G.
Feb 4, 2006
Currently I have 4 birkin but I found.. i dont use them often enough.. I use other bag to work as I think they are too sharp for my workplace...

And sometimes if i go to supermarket, I wont be using them as well....

So basically i would say max 4-5 times/ month....

I really can judge myself whether I need 4 birkin or not.. but of course as a hermes lover, that's never too many birkin...

how many birkin do you have? and how often do you use your birkin?

You can never have too many Birkins! I use mine probably 10-15 days each month. I rarely take them to the supermarket (all I need is for a steak to leak on it), but everywhere else one of my babies is almost always with me! I'll take my Lindy everywhere though....it's a bit more practical because I can sling it over a shoulder.

I think it's very difficult to compare your own style and situation to other peoples. It's unfortunate that you aren't comfortable wearing your bags every day, but only you can be the judge of that.
Where I live, people don't know the difference between a Birkin and a bag of beans so I wear mine everywhere all the time, even to the supermarket! :yes:

Reactions: bleusaphire
No way! I use a different bag for work as a travel by bike and train. And I do not want to cry over scratches and stains. And I do not use it to pick up some groceries. I use my Birkin when I go shopping or when I visit friends with my family, during the weekend. I use my Birkin every week, but I tend to switch during the day:

- going to a museum or the library with my husband and children? Chanel Coco Cabas
- my children on their bike at the basketbal with other children and me watching on the side? Birkin!
- picking up 'things' (light shopping with the family)? Birkin!
- event or ballet in the evening? Birkin or Chanel flap bag
- bad weather? Garden Party (as of today)

hahahahha

I am more like
work - LV or chanel or othe really casual bag
Weekend - movie , dinner - birkin
light shopping - birkin
supermarket shopping -balenciaga
travel - balenciaga
bad weather - balenciaga

Somehow I found out i use my balenciaga more than my birkin ...

and I will be going to HK soon.. i am really thinking should I use birkin as hk is too crowd...

Every day. Every single day I use one of my Hermes bags. Birkin or Kelly most of the time with either my Web or Picotin for weekend errands. The Kelly's I'll use with the canvas straps when I need them to be real casual for all day wear.

As far as bad weather is concerned I have a few bags in Togo and Clemence that fit the bill very, very nicely.

if i can, it's H everyday! Not Birkin or HAC though, other styles I have, like the kellys. I sort of neglected my 2005 - 2007 non H buys...
so in 5 working days, i will do one or two days of non H H bag

I own two birkins but I also own a lot of other bags. I rotate them around, so they all get a chance to see life. So yes, a few times a month sound right.

Every day. Every single day I use one of my Hermes bags. Birkin or Kelly most of the time with either my Web or Picotin for weekend errands. The Kelly's I'll use with the canvas straps when I need them to be real casual for all day wear.

As far as bad weather is concerned I have a few bags in Togo and Clemence that fit the bill very, very nicely.

Absolutely! Me too. Every single day.

i always plan to use the birkin everyday but i always scare about other ppl's opinion as i am not working in a very high pay job and this is purely my personal hobby... but i am afraid of other worker's judgement..

hahahahha

I am more like
work - LV or chanel or othe really casual bag
Weekend - movie , dinner - birkin
light shopping - birkin
supermarket shopping -balenciaga
travel - balenciaga
bad weather - balenciaga

Somehow I found out i use my balenciaga more than my birkin ...

and I will be going to HK soon.. i am really thinking should I use birkin as hk is too crowd...

I think you should definitely take your Birkin to HK.

I was there last week, and at Landmark Cafe alone, I sighted 8-9 Birkins over a quick 30 minute lunch. Yes, HK is crowded, but the ladies there do enjoy their fashion and using their beloved Handbags!

I took one of my 35cm Birkins there (and Macau), and managed to use it more than 50% of the time. The fair weather helped though. :yes: