birkin owner, do you use your baby everyday?

Thank you everyone for sharing your kind input, thoughts, experiences and pictures!! I didn't want to own so many bags I don't appreciate often enough, so I cleaned up my collections to save money (?).. But I think I need to have some casual/worry free bags. Now you ladies are giving me an excuse to go out and buy one! Thanks again!!

I have a vintage Barenia Kelly that I use as an everyday bag, but I don’t use it every day, IYKWIM. My Evelynes are my most used bags — I have a very casual lifestyle and the Evies are just so easy to use. I do share the feeling that these bags were meant to be used. I’ll probably never own a Birkin because I need a shoulder-carry option, but I agree that it’s a casual tote and looks fine — and sometimes better — with some dings and slouch.

I use an H bag every day and I usually carry one of my B's to work. There is no point of saving them for special occasion. H has a spa to repair "accidents". Here is a picture of my 25 year old Birkin after spa.
View attachment 4393707
I tripped, face planted last December and was luckily cushioned by my Birkin. My Goldie saved me from a head injury and sustained a lot of injuries herself. She got cleaned, repaired and has brand new hardware for only US$800. She is "almost" like new.
Since we all pay so much money for the bags, I can never understand people keeping the plastic on the HW. After all, it is only a few hundred dollars to get them all replaced.

OMG Thank God you are ok!!! Birkin is a lifesaver! That speaks the quality and strength of the leather!!
So true. actually the wear on B/K is rather elegant too... I just get so upset when other people scratches it not me.. :sad: Wow, I didn't know, the cost is so reasonable!! Thank you for sharing!

I use an H bag every day and I usually carry one of my B's to work. There is no point of saving them for special occasion. H has a spa to repair "accidents". Here is a picture of my 25 year old Birkin after spa.
View attachment 4393707
I tripped, face planted last December and was luckily cushioned by my Birkin. My Goldie saved me from a head injury and sustained a lot of injuries herself. She got cleaned, repaired and has brand new hardware for only US$800. She is "almost" like new.
Since we all pay so much money for the bags, I can never understand people keeping the plastic on the HW. After all, it is only a few hundred dollars to get them all replaced.

Glad you are okay :heart:

Thank you :flowers: for the great information about the spa.

Would the Hermes spa replace the gold H hardware on a constance wallet?

Reactions: cutiecat
View attachment 4393707
Damn twin.. you make some good points here. I try to use my B’s every day..but this is making me reconsider taking my stickers off. Thank you for a different perspective. How long did it for you to get your Goldie back from spa?

Damn twin.. you make some good points here. I try to use my B’s every day..but this is making me reconsider taking my stickers off. Thank you for a different perspective. How long did it for you to get your Goldie back from spa?
I dropped it off in mid December. I got an email in early March stating that the bag is ready. So it took less than three months.
Here are some facts that we need to look at too:
1. The bag was in a pretty bad shape after the fall. It is Courchevel leather and is supposed to be "impossible" to repair. The lady who repaired it did a great job.
2. Courchevel was also supposed to be notorious for cleaning. Trust me. The bag had Amsterdam road dirty rubbed into it. That part was handled nicely by Hermes spa.
3. The HW was totally bent and scratched up from the fall. The spa originally suggested replacing only the pieces that must need replacing, which would have been even cheap

I dropped it off in mid December. I got an email in early March stating that the bag is ready. So it took less than three months.
Here are some facts that we need to look at too:
1. The bag was in a pretty bad shape after the fall. It is Courchevel leather and is supposed to be "impossible" to repair. The lady who repaired it did a great job.
2. Courchevel was also supposed to be notorious for cleaning. Trust me. The bag had Amsterdam road dirty rubbed into it. That part was handled nicely by Hermes spa.
3. The HW was totally bent and scratched up from the fall. The spa originally suggested replacing only the pieces that must need replacing, which would have been even cheap
Amazing! Glad to know Hermès spa is basically where miracles happen. I had to send in my Constance because the little plastic piece on the underside of the hardware had cracked :crybaby: they took 3 weeks! I was Dumbfounded :eek:

I did wear my B40 every day for some months years ago. It was my go-to work bag (but would get heavy if I had to take a laptop with me). Also today I will use it for non dripping/dirty groceries as it's a dark colour (ultraviolet). These days I prefer something more light weight for work though.