• Gris Tourterelle

• Prune

• Raisin

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

LittleH

O.G.
Aug 12, 2008
So... I'm told in a few days I may be able to put an order for a Birkin in. My fingers and toes have been crossed for so long they are now numb:smile:

So here goes: I am struggling to decide between
Gris tourterelle
Prune
Raisin

Leather-wise I am thinking Clemence. Size has to be 35cm. And PHW.

I love all three colours, but some doubts are lurking:
GT => could be a bit difficult to get away from stains...
Prune => will I tire of the colour in a while?
Raisin => is this too dark?

At first I thoughtI wanted GT but after seeing pics in the forum of prune and raisin, I'm not so sure... Also, I wonder if the GT is a bit too beigey for me, as I usually wear ash greys more than any other colour.

This will be my first Birkin and unfortunately at this point I only want to treat myself to one.

Suggestions, thoughts welcome please!! (And if you think I should get a totally different combo pls shout)

If you wear grey, then either raisin or prune would be amazing. The perfect cool neutral (but I'm biased). I voted prune because I have a bag in raisin already... I think prune is fabulous. It may actually be a bit darker in clemence than raisin, though, so best if you can see swatches in the boutique before deciding. Good luck!

I think the Raisin will give a nice POP against your neutral wardrobe. Still purple enough for some color and dark enough for easy class. Good luck!

Thanks all for your input so far and your kind words, really appreciate you taking the time!
Looks like GT is a no go.... ?
Seton, I don't think I've seen Graphite yet, I will do a search on the forum to see if I can find a pic of a Birkin to see how it looks. Thanks for the hint!:idea:

Unless you live in a warmer climate where lighter colors play well throughout the year, I would move GT to the bottom of the list of three.

I just finished an exhaustive search of images on the site, because I am making an order for a raisin bag. There is a GREAT thread here with a million pics of raisin in different leathers--find the thread titled Ode to Raisin.

I did just decide on my order--raisin 35 birkin in togo. I LOVE box (a favorite leather) but in the end I opted for the durable togo, in large part because the way the raisin color looked on the togo was deeper and a hint browner than other raisin leathers. which made it a little more neutral for me. I also love clemence.

Prune was also very high on my wish list, but since I had never seen prune in person or even on a color swatch, I decided to postpone the prune order. Next year it might be something in prune box--the one example I saw of that here on tpf was stunning.

Do go to that thread--you will see pictures of raisin in clemence that will prove very useful.

Good luck!

If you want something as dark as prune and raisin, why not go with classic black? Also, you mention you're worried that you may tire of the prune. I think that's a legitimate worry. And purple/browns can be hard with some skin tones. They're too harsh for my own.
If you're only going to have one, black is gorgeous with everything. The grooves in clemence will catch allot of light, and give it good depth of color.
Every time I see one, I think what a knock-out it is.

Arrrgh!!! :nuts: You guys are all coming up with very very fair points indeed.

lee217 - two reasons why I'd rather not go down the black route: I have way to many black bags and given my line of business my accessories are the only items which I can wear with a bit of non grey non black non cream colours during the workdays. But I agree, it is a classic gorgeous colour for B.

perigord - very right indeed, in London it is pretty cool and grey most of the time so a colour as light as GT may not be ideal...

So I think the contenders have changed to:
Graphite
Raisin
Prune

I need to think some more by the looks of things

I have anthracite. It's really nice. Hermes dark blues are all really nice too, midnight etc..
But, what about red. Red is neutral, and it's beautiful too. You can never go wrong with red. There's a great pic in tpf stars thread of Christy Turlington walking her child. She's wearing jeans, a tan blazer, and a big red Birkin.
I'm just making another suggestion because you sound a tiny bit hesitant on the prune. But,If you're not, then I'm sure you'll be very happy with it. Purple browns aren't my thing, but I'm in the minority. There are allot of happy purple customers out there.

Have you thought about marron fonce in fjord? It has been showing up in the most wonderful skins as of recent and much more lightweight than in years past. It is a gorgeous color. It is that brown with that hint of marron in it, when the light hits it. Very rich looking and extremely versatile. Not as dark as a black and not a flat looking brown. It has really grown on me.

How about bleu de prusse:drool::heart:, rouge h(so classic), noisette (perfect brown like Martha Stewart's), follow your heart, there are so many colors to choose from....
I feel the weight of my clemence 35 when it is fully loaded, if you are going to fill her to the brim, you may want to consider a lighter leather....
Good luck with your choice!:tup:

How about bleu de prusse:drool::heart:, rouge h(so classic), noisette (perfect brown like Martha Stewart's), follow your heart, there are so many colors to choose from....
I feel the weight of my clemence 35 when it is fully loaded, if you are going to fill her to the brim, you may want to consider a lighter leather....
Good luck with your choice!:tup:

I forgot all about rouge hermes. And Martha's bag is a beautiful color. Bleu de prusse is new to me, so I just looked it up. It's very nice. And you are so right about the weight IMHO. Togo achieves the same thing a bit lighter. And people say the new fjord is light now.
I'm with you on all the above, but of course, it's not my bag order.

Is togo slouchy like clemence? I didn't know...
I'm not good with real red colours, nor with blues. I think it will have to be between prune and raisin...
I have just spent 20 minutes on the Ode to Raisin thread, and my heart is fluttering:love: ... It must be a sign