Birkin/Kelly's inactive condition @ restaurants

whitebear

Jul 15, 2009
I don't know if anyone had asked this, but I cannot find a thread about it.
When carrying your Birkin or Kelly out to a restaurant, how do you often treat your bag? Do you leave them on the floor? Leave them behind you? Of do you hang them on the purse hanger?

I'm a bit skeptical about the purse hanger, has anyone use them before? How is it? Does it apply much pressure onto the leather creating marks??

PS: IF you own a Chanel, how do you place your long chain bag? Can you place them on the purse hanger?

Last edited:
The best case is when there are bag stools offered to diners.

If there aren't bag stools, I will leave my bag behind me, on my seat. If the seat is tiny, and it seems like a PITA to specially ask for another seat when one isn't in sight, I would actually put my bag on the floor. Many a times it has raised eyebrows but to be honest, I feel shy making a fuss over a bag.

I feel a little shy as well making a fuss over my bag. So, if I can't put it behind me on the chair, I like to place an extra napkin on the ground and put my bag on that. No one is really paying attention to what I'm doing and my bag is protected from anything on the floor.

As the others have said, first choice is always either a bag stool or another chair. I will pull one from another table or request for one if there isn't any empty ones at my table. Or behind me, on the chair. In the worst case scenario, I use the purse hook. I try not to use it because I don't want the handles to pull too much, but in some cases I have no choice.

I usually pull up another chair and put my bag on that chair.

If that's not possible, I use a purse hook and I have had no problems with it. I use the the Minou cat one by Alessi and I love it. I showed my SA at H and she's going to buy one too! There's a pic here:

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/post-your-non-hermes-indulges-here-550370-167.html#post16211808 (Post number 2493)

I am sure you will find more information to help you on a search. HTH!

Ingenious!! Got to have that baby. Thanks

The best case is when there are bag stools offered to diners.

If there aren't bag stools, I will leave my bag behind me, on my seat. If the seat is tiny, and it seems like a PITA to specially ask for another seat when one isn't in sight, I would actually put my bag on the floor. Many a times it has raised eyebrows but to be honest, I feel shy making a fuss over a bag.

I am the same way. If no chair is available, I put the bag on the floor.

if offered, another chair. if not, on my lap (huge escption for the lindy which stays on the floor, with my leg going thru the longer strap for security reasons.

a very good friend of mine had her bag stolen when she left it under the table. I have absolutely no idea how someone stole her bag from there. it was a chinese table type with the tablecloth reaching to the floor and they were in a room with 3 tables, all friends & relatives there. those who eat at chinese banquets are familiar with this.

Ideally I would put it on a spare chair. If not I put my bag behind me on my chair, it's not that comfortable but I can live with it. I would rather not put it on the floor, I think it's more of my problem with hygiene than damaging the bag etc. I have the Minou hook but have not used it. Worst case scenario I put my bag into it's Envirosax, hang that on my chair back or put that on the floor. Protection from spills and also under the radar.