Birkin: Is this a common problem?

yes its perfectly normal my birkins tend to do that but it has to do with side and way you wear the bag when you get home try to correct it but remember if there ever was a bag that has a life of its own it is the birin they change and evolve in unique ways with their owners so try to look at this as the adaptation of this birkin to you and your own style . and the shade is stunning just perfect .

great info regarding how to store your soft leather Bikins, or how to re-shape them like MrsS suggested!

I have a 35 in clemence and it has no waves at all, non the less I may start storing it on the side with towels inside like Pepper does.

This is good to know, as my month old togo bag is doing exactly the same thing even though I put it away between uses laid down with its packing back in the middle. I was beginning to think I had a faulty bag

yes its perfectly normal my birkins tend to do that but it has to do with side and way you wear the bag when you get home try to correct it but remember if there ever was a bag that has a life of its own it is the birin they change and evolve in unique ways with their owners so try to look at this as the adaptation of this birkin to you and your own style . and the shade is stunning just perfect .

Birkel thanks for the info. I went back to H today to pick up a 35 cm Gold Togo and noticed a weight difference in my Parchemin and the Togo. I asked my SA and she said that my Parchemin is probably Clemence. She doesn't quite remember either. My Parchemin does not have veining like my new Togo and feels a little bit more buttery. However, my SO Kelly Togo doesn't have any veining either. Who knows. Okay now I'm getting off subject. What I wanted to say was that after pulling the straps tight and laying her stuffed on her side the waviness is not as prominent. The only wavy part is where each side of the handle touches the bag. Also I took my Gold Togo out to dinner tonight only carrying her for 2 hours and I notice a slight ripple near the handle area. Perhaps it's the way I am carrying my bag? I think that I have just an average forearm or do I :P

Thank you Everyone for responding to my distress about the rippling effect. I think it's so great that we have such helpful members on TPF.

Last edited:
A.H. Your bag is beautiful!

I remember when I got my vert olive--my third or fourth Birkin-I though there was a problem that the straps were not the same length, and I posted a thread on here with pictures, etc..I even sent it back to Hermes...and you know what..there was nothing wrong with it! It' just the soft pliable leather!

Everyone here told me it was as it is meant to be..some even had a few chuckles at my naivete...

so I know what you mean!

But your bag is beautiful!

Now the weight....well....there's not much you can do about that! Just consider it weight lifting and keep switching arms to balance things out!

Weight of a Togo birkin is really heavy when used for the whole day, you need muscles to carry them. That's why I only use my birkin when my DH is w/ me, I ask him to carry it for me when my arms gets weary.:lol:

Weight of a Togo birkin is really heavy when used for the whole day, you need muscles to carry them. That's why I only use my birkin when my DH is w/ me, I ask him to carry it for me when my arms gets weary.:lol:

Great idea. When I ask my husband to carry my purse he hates it but will do it. The only one he will carry without complaints is my Evelyne because it's almost like a mini messenger. I call it his Murse!:smile: