Birkin: Is this a common problem?

Jun 30, 2009
I've had my Birkin for about 3 to 4 weeks now and I have only carried for a full day once. I've just started to notice that at the top edge of my bag by the handles it's not straight but kind of wavy. It's a little annoying to me but I was wondering is this normal? Off the subject but the bag weighs a ton and I'm not even carrying anything but my sunglasses, wallet and iphone! However, I can't bring myself to buy a 30 cm Birkin because I love the way a 35 cm looks. Ugh!

P1000932(1).JPG

sometimes the waviness corresponds to the areas by the handles--where the handles and flap were pulled tightly closed............it relaxes over time. it may be the leather over reacting to not being closed up. and-i have seen many natural "flaws" the leather starts softening and relaxing. these bags arent perfect. yours is stunning btw

sometimes the waviness corresponds to the areas by the handles--where the handles and flap were pulled tightly closed............it relaxes over time. it may be the leather over reacting to not being closed up. and-i have seen many natural "flaws" the leather starts softening and relaxing. these bags arent perfect. yours is stunning btw

Hermesaholic thank you for responding so quickly! I thought that I either purchased a lemon Birkin (like there is one :P) or that I was carrying my bag in an awkward position.

AnythingHermes:
You are welcome-these bags are all different. I have seen so many things--no two pieces of clemence are alike for one thing. same for togo. some ultra soft, some super stiff.......veiny and so on. my clemence birkin has a similar waviness but because it is a dark color with dark resin its not as noticeable as the parchment with brown edge.

AnythingHermes:
You are welcome-these bags are all different. I have seen so many things--no two pieces of clemence are alike for one thing. same for togo. some ultra soft, some super stiff.......veiny and so on. my clemence birkin has a similar waviness but because it is a dark color with dark resin its not as noticeable as the parchment with brown edge.

Hermesaholic good to know. My SA said that my Birkin was Togo but it looks more like clemence to me. I will have to get clarification because I have a SO Kelly in Togo and the leather looks different. You are probably right because cows come in all shapes and sizes :biggrin:

I only have a 35cms in box and togo...neither have this waviness. I do have a clemence in a 30cm, no waviness either. I do not stuff my bags, but it doesn't seem like you do either. Not sure what is going on, but seems others have this issue also.