Birkin is my holy grail, but what about this...

r.b_boi

O.G.
Jul 17, 2010
...so while on my hunt for the 50 birkin, I was pleasantly surprised to see a bolid...I am seriously thinking of getting one to keep me busy until I get my b, but i have not seen many guys with this bag. Does anyone know if they still make this bag in 47 cms?

I think they can still be had, I think I have seen one in New York within the last 12 months. Was clemence, so it will be soft.

There was one on eBay a while ago as well. Pre-owned.

Good luck in your hunt.

rb - from my personal experience, if the birkin is your holy grail then I would wait a little longer and get it first. The wait can be frustrating at times, but I don't think you will regret it.

i've seen it in the store but didn't take a look what year they were made. that size is very smooshy and actually holds lots.

yeah, that's why i was considering it...i didn't want to get an ipad until beginning of next year, so i could really think if i could use it. So in the meantime i could just carry my laptop like i would prefer

I think they can still be had, I think I have seen one in New York within the last 12 months. Was clemence, so it will be soft.

There was one on eBay a while ago as well. Pre-owned.

Good luck in your hunt.

i'll take a look and see...

rb - from my personal experience, if the birkin is your holy grail then I would wait a little longer and get it first. The wait can be frustrating at times, but I don't think you will regret it.

the b is of course my holy grail...and i'm the type of person that wants things when i want them...if not then i'll look for something else to appease me until i get what i want...unfortunately when i do get what i want, some of the appeasement items go unused...ie the five pair of dolce and gabbana jeans i have in my closet now i picked up while waiting for my versace couture jeans to come in...i'll cool it for a while and take a long hard think about this, to make sure the bolide is just not a fleeting infatuation...

plenty of travel bolide .. saw in VBronze, Black, Gold, VV before I left NYC .. given this is hoilday .. any stock may be possible.

I think you will look great w/ a travel bolide ~_^ !!

I love that bag and was thinking of getting one for my fiancée as a travel bag since he does not love the HAC and I know he would like it more because as footlocker says it is lighter an he loves the idea that it is a more discrete model and though different it is a very nice bag.so I would say go for it If you can get both great ! I'm getting him the the bolide so that on certain trips I can steal away hahahahahhahah !!!! But mostly because it's sort of the first H bag he liked for himself he always helps me out with mine and loves how they look on me but since he is stylish it's great for him you seem very stylish and chic I think it would look great on you too anyway . Hope it helps darling .birkel.

Last edited:
Hi r.b_boi, it's great that you can afford both, and the bolide is a nice bag, but if and when you get the birkin, the bolide might become obsolete. While waiting for my orange birkin, I bought a black kelly to "keep me busy". Now, 2 birkins later, I find the kelly just sleeps in its sleeper since I really love the birkins. This might happen to you. Keep busy with some scarves, bracelets, and other fun stuff until you get what you really want. Good luck