Birkin inspired bags

louislover260

Jan 16, 2008
I have really been interested in ordering a Birkin inspired bag from Pierotucci. At my age, it would be irresponsible to spend such a large amount at Hermes even if I could afford it. So I want to find something similar. I like Pierotucci, they have history, it's made in Italy by craftsmen, they have a few boutiques... but I also stumbled upon Desiremall... the only thing that scares me with them is possibly cheaper materials, possible child labor....

Does anyone else have any suggestions? I really need some help looking...

And in all kindness, please save the fake/look alike/inspired comments to other threads, that's not what I'm asking.

I have really been interested in ordering a Birkin inspired bag from Pierotucci. At my age, it would be irresponsible to spend such a large amount at Hermes even if I could afford it. So I want to find something similar. I like Pierotucci, they have history, it's made in Italy by craftsmen, they have a few boutiques... but I also stumbled upon Desiremall... the only thing that scares me with them is possibly cheaper materials, possible child labor....

Does anyone else have any suggestions? I really need some help looking...

And in all kindness, please save the fake/look alike/inspired comments to other threads, that's not what I'm asking.

I see nothing wrong with "Birkin inspired." We have owned copyrights since 1971. As long as something is similar & is not trying to pass themselves off as the original, its legal. The bag could be square & be "birkin" inspired. Just be careful not to cross the line. I would go with the Italian craftsmen than take the risk.

You are so right, sometimes it is irresponsible to spend this kind of money on a bag. Thanks for practicing mental health. :tup: Especially now. I think this is more offensive for someone to put themselves in financial peril to buy a bag they can't afford, then to carrying an "inspired" bag.

I totally agree with both of you up there. I would never spend an obscene amount on a Birkin if I'm too young or can't afford it. You're being financially responsible for looking to buy a good quality "inspired" one. I see many boutiques locally that sell really good almost look alikes leather ones but with different details. Best of luck! Do post pictures when you get your bag! :P

I see nothing wrong with "Birkin inspired." We have owned copyrights since 1971. As long as something is similar & is not trying to pass themselves off as the original, its legal. The bag could be square & be "birkin" inspired. Just be careful not to cross the line. I would go with the Italian craftsmen than take the risk.

You are so right, sometimes it is irresponsible to spend this kind of money on a bag. Thanks for practicing mental health. :tup: Especially now. I think this is more offensive for someone to put themselves in financial peril to buy a bag they can't afford, then to carrying an "inspired" bag.

ITA!

that bag looks like most nice briefcases anyways :smile:

I am no Hermes expert by any stretch (- but I am trying to learn!) but to me it looks EXACTLY like a Birkin. Too close for comfort for me - i would feel like I was carrying a fake - even without the name on it. But as long as it is legal, it's your choice, not mine.

Vegas, what are the differences? I am pretty good at spotting fakes of most designers, but not too informed on Hermes yet. TIA!

Hmmm, I would put that max amount I would spend on that Birkin inspired bag aside and wait, because if you really want the original bag, it wont be the same. Allthoug I agree that it is more responsible to get something similar, I don't see the point if you really want something else. If you suspect this would be the case, try to put the money away and see if you still want the insp bag in a month or if you're still thinking of the birkin first and foremost.

Also if you can settle for a used bag I think with a little patience you'll see bags a lower prices in not such a long time. If you really want/love something patience is key! :tup:

All in all, just give it a little though. I know after trial and error that I personally would never go for something that was not perfectly in the image of what I wanted. If I cannot get something I never settle but rather forget about it untill it's an option. I'm pretty terrible, I'm like this even with food. Of course we're not all the same, thank god! but I would still give you the advice of thinking it over before you make a final desicion. If you still want it when you find it more appropriate, it will still be made by H for you to buy. Any money spent that you later think is not satisfying is a loss because you could've put it somewhere else, like savings, that will give you more funds in return.

To give some actual tip.. A friend of mine thought of getting a mulberry bayswater instead of a birkin, so maybe that would be an option? It can be found on a sale as well. :tup:

Last edited:
I went to TJMaxx and saw a Michael Kors bag that looked very similar to a Birkin. I can't find it online. It has the same boxy shape and was around $150. It came in blue, orange, and yellow, I think. I'm not familiar with Michael Kors so I don't know about quality but if you like the shape of a Birkin than I think that's a good alternative since 150 is a great price for a bag. Honestly I don't like the shape of Birkin bags...too old ladyish for me. It's just a status symbol, IMO.

Also, I think the OP has specifically ask to leave comments about fake/inspired bags in the other thread. It's obvious that she likes the shape of a Birkin but doesn't want to spend 10K on a bag. She's just trying to ask alternative bags that has similar shape as Birkins. I see nothing wrong with that.

Good luck on finding your dream bag, Louislover.

I would definitely go with the Italian-made bag. I'm currently in Italy and I will tell you, EVERY local purse/leather shop regardless of price-point, designer, whatever, has a Birkin-inspired bag in the window. So, these Italians know what they're doing.

If you're "in love" go for it!

I have a birkin inspired bag, with exactly the same dimensions and weight - I bought it to test if the real H birkin would be the bag for me. I really didn't feel like saving up for years to get the real deal only to find out that it doesn't suit my lifestyle, so I opted for the test-drive version. And it turned out that it really isn't my style at all! I got mine from Italy, paid 160 euros. It's pretty good quality, so I'd say go for it!