Birkin in vache liegee leather

aspp

O.G.
Jan 26, 2008
Hi...I have just got my first Birkin 30 / black / vache liegee / palladium h.
I was told by my lovely SA that vache liegee is the lightest and most expensive leather.
Could anyone please confirm? Also if for the JPG, what leather will give the best look.
Thank you very much.

Not sure about the answer to your Q about VL leather but, as far as I know, JPG only comes in clemence and exotic leathers (by special order, no?).

I had a vache liegee hac and also have birkins in Chevre and Box. My perception is that Chevre and Box are a bit lighter than vl.
As far as price, it is one of the more expensive non exotics (more expensive than togo or clemence) but I'm not sure how it compares to chevre and box which are also more expensive than T and C...
Sorry...not sure I'm much of a help.

A couple years ago it was $1,000 more than all of the prices I had seen quoted here for Birkins in all sorts of leathers. My BFF has one and it did feel really lightweight to me but I don't have any "scientific" proof!! For anyone who likes a structured bag, I think it is a beautiful leather with more "personality" than Epsom, IMO.

A couple years ago it was $1,000 more than all of the prices I had seen quoted here for Birkins in all sorts of leathers. My BFF has one and it did feel really lightweight to me but I don't have any "scientific" proof!! For anyone who likes a structured bag, I think it is a beautiful leather with more "personality" than Epsom, IMO.
:yes:

I am waiting for my VL to arrive too. Waiting is a silly process and I hate it so much :crybaby:. SA said to me that VL was primarily used for luggage for a long time. It was not a long time ago that H started making birkins & kellys in VL.

I am very curious how my SO would turn out..

Thank you so much everyone for all the information. Also...thank you costa & Sus.

I was also told by my SA that VL will structure the Birkin very well.

I am so new to the Birkin as this is my first one after being use Victoria and Lindy for a big while. What about the JPG, could anyone who has already own please advise me how do you like it? Thanks!!