Birkin in Box leather question

H&H

Dutch in the USA
O.G.
Apr 24, 2007
Hi I I have a Kelly Box, which is very stiff. Now I'm eyeballing a Birkin in Box, is that as stiff well? I love the slouchy look .... thanks

Hi HK!!! Yes, the birkin in box is pretty stiff too, IMO, esp if u get it in a smaller sz, like a 30cm. I have a 35cm and I do encounter bat wings when I put a lil more than usual, but in general it will be stiffer than other leathers like togo and clemence for sure!

thank you all... quess I'll have to look for another leather, I so much love the Box look, but in Birkin I love the slouchy look.. I was eyeballing a 32 or 35...

well another thought, as I'm eyeballing a Box Birkin from a reseller, it is from year 1998, it may be old enough to have softened ? How is that look?

HK, don't know how slouchy you want it. My box birkin is pretty new, year 2006. I have a vintage kelly box from the 60's and it still holds up pretty well, there's a lil bit of slouch to it, but not much. It slouches just as much as my swift kelly which is from year 2006 too (see avatar).

thanks moviegirl. I have a swift kelly from 2006 and it holds up pretty well as well too:smile:, quess I'll have to go for a different leather like clemence?

I think if you want some slouch in your Birkin, you need to consider a different leather.....Clemence is gorgeous, takes color really well and will give you a little of the slouch you're looking for!!!

Thanks for all your answers:

SUS: I think the box leather is gorgeous, so despite being stiff I'm still considering... as long as it could pull the sort of 'casual' look the birkin can have:0

Shopmom: I have a togo birkin, which slouches a bit, I love that... clemence... is definitely an option

Fdl: I still love that bag of Carolyn Bessette so much and what a pretty lady she was....