Birkin in blue sapphire epsom...yay or nay?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Nordstrom Spring Sale is now live! Serious savings on customer favorites - up to 40% off with free shipping and free returns. Shop the sale!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Blue sapphire is one of my favorite colors beside blue electriquie, but have noticed that it appears to be a bit darker lately on the wallets on usa.hermes.com. Finally received a call after 2 years that there is a birkin available in blue sapphire epsom. I don't own anything in this leather and have read that some love it and some avoid it. I treat my bags fairly well, but do not baby them, and am not afraid to use them. Would anyone recommend blue sapphire in epsom or should I hold off for this color in togo or clemence?

Thank you for taking the time to offer any insight and advice. Greatly appreciate it!

2. I have an Epsom Kelly 32. It is very light weight, structured and will likely never flop over. Its thin and stiff....kinda like it is plastic coated. Its not soft, smooshy leather. If you want your Birkin to keep its shape and be light weight, this bag is for you. If you want a soft, heavier bag that will flop over time, get a togo. Good luck!

3. Yes blue sapphire is darker in epsom so you have to see color to make decision. I love epsom. Bags are light and you don't have to baby them

4. I think you should go see the bag in person, if possible. As you said, people seem to either love or hate epsom and you won't know which group you fall into until you see and touch the leather in person :smile:

5. I was hesitant to purchase my K35 Epsom Kelly Contour when offered it because of the leather, but I bit the bullet, so to speak, and have loved every minute of owning it.

I have other H bags in different leathers and I don't really 'baby' my bags but I have had no problems thus far.

6. Yes for me. I have a Bleu Saphir wallet in Epsom and I love it! It's Surprisingly durable and dark enough so that it doesn't get dirty. It's a dark beautiful blue.

7. Love epsom! Go for it!

8. My husband just purchased a small wallet in bleu sapphire epsom and he keeps taking it out to look at it. It's gorgeous!!!

9. I would wait for a different leather, simply because Epsom cannot be repaired as well as the others

10. It sounds perfect!!

11. Go forward
    Take it with you

12. I love epsom-after such a long wait, I really think you have a good offer! GO for it! My fear is to get offered one, I'm too weak to say no!

13. #13 Jun 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
    Go for it ! Girl Epsom is amazing in blues and reds! Run don't walk!!!!

14. Yes yes and yes! Blue sapphire epsom is beautiful!

15. Love it