Birkin hardwear

chloechloe

Oct 28, 2008
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I don't think it has:

Can one take their Birkin to Hermes to have the palladium hardware switched out for gold hardware??? Would really like to know.

Thanks in advance

it has been discussed. i don't think H will do it as they would want all hardware to match. if memory serves me correctly, even has to do with the zipper inside the bag.

No Hermes will not swap out phw for ghw hardware on bags.

I have bought evelyne straps for my kelly. The sa told me that the hardware could be swapped out (it was phw) but my kelly was ghw (plus it was evelyne hw and I wanted lobster claw kelly hardware. So they did change the hw on the straps for me (since it was clear that I solely bought the straps for that purpose) but told me that they do not normally do this.

i answer because i have actually asked they can change it for brushed hardware but they wont change colors because they consider it an imperfection so there

no they dont not even on the 40cm they hold on to the leather like a butterfly clip and that iswhy the base has 2 leather bands to engage them in this is what i know and im pretty sure so ......

interesting..
hrm, could you get the hardware replaced with new ones? like if it was ghw to begin with, could u get new gold ones replaced?

lastly, what about darkened handles? can you get that replaced too?