Birkin hardwear

castorny

Luxury Obsessed
Jan 3, 2008
USA
All the hardware on a bag can be replaced for a relatively small fee with new hardware, but only in the existing metal.

O.G.
Aug 31, 2008
interesting..
hrm, could you get the hardware replaced with new ones? like if it was ghw to begin with, could u get new gold ones replaced?

lastly, what about darkened handles? can you get that replaced too?
You should ask about hardware. When I wanted to have the straps repaired on my BBK, Hermes said they would replace straps and provide new hardware. They will recommend whether or not to do this for overall look of each individual bag.

Yes, definitely, they can replace handles.

canger

Apr 29, 2009
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I don't think it has:

Can one take their Birkin to Hermes to have the palladium hardware switched out for gold hardware??? Would really like to know.

Thanks in advance
I think you' better ask the SA in hermes。

spit_fire69

May 12, 2010
USA
All the hardware on a bag can be replaced for a relatively small fee with new hardware, but only in the existing metal.
Thanks....can it safely be assumed then that H will put in the same colored HW but with precious gems added to the HW? Or would you need to already have gems on the original HW? And does this change if you have a SO (black hardware)?

My dream luxe bag (definitely in my dreams as I have only seen it in my minds eye) is a SO black matte croc with black diamond HW...do you know if H would put black diamond SO HW on an originally non-SO, non-gem croc? I have a better chance of getting a regular croc than one with gems...