Birkin got hurt today

sherrykuhara

Jun 15, 2013
Hai all,
today,i went out dinner with hubby and i brought my 35orange out as well,as i really
need to use the restroom when we reached the restaurant,when i close the door,it hit
my Birkin,i thought everything was alright but when i took a look carefully,it had
a superficial scratch,i don't baby my b u see,but i felt so sad the whole day.hubby
said its just a bag,its ok,its meant to be like that.i know it is meant to get knock at times but my b is just less than a year,i don't mind if its 5 or 6 year old but its only 10 months old.didn't had a good dinner after that..really want a cry..i do have other branded bags but i don't care if they are bruised but b is so special to me,i wonder am i crazy?i think i had a sentimental value with my this b than any other bags...really sad
today..

Aw, sorry you are upset by it. If it is superficial maybe a spa would take care of it?

For me bags don't become beautiful until they have some mileage on them. Every mark is just some adventure they accompanied us on. I'll bet your bag just went from beautiful to beautiful and interesting. :flowers:

Aw, sorry you are upset by it. If it is superficial maybe a spa would take care of it?

For me bags don't become beautiful until they have some mileage on them. Every mark is just some adventure they accompanied us on. I'll bet your bag just went from beautiful to beautiful and interesting. :flowers:
Thanks Midge S for counselling me...i understand now.your're right.they need some adventure
with us but this is my first B from H store unlike the other one from reseller...the feeling is different...sigh..thanks dear...

I'm sorry this happened to you. It happened to me, too, a rather large scrape on my then new clemence kelly one day when I was out shopping, I think a fellow shopper scraped it with a hanger by accident. I was shocked and really sad, then I remembered it's only a bag, it's meant to worn and enjoyed. And I bounced back from there. I didn't want to take it to the spa since it was so new, I really wanted to carry it for a while. I recommend not looking at the damage too often, and soon you will see you are feeling ok again!

Sorry about that. Similar situations have also occurred with a few of my bags. Not a birkin but a few of my Chanels. With one bag it was its debut ... First day out. My little baby boy decided to reach for it, and his nails happened to be long that day.... And he scratched it right smack in the front! At first I was like Nooooo! But it's going to happen...it gives it personality! Lol! Another time I had just bought a woc and I left it out on top of my dresser and I guess something was leaning against it, I believe another purses chain strap and it left one of the quilts with an indention. Mind you I'm very careful with my bags, I store them in their own special closet/armoire. But stuff happens. Hope my experiences that I just shared make you feel a little better.
Believe me I've come a long way with how I deal with things that don't turn out like I'd want them to.:smile:

I got a small dink (nick) on my togo B when I first got it (my fault I am sure). I am sure I was the only person who can see it. I was so sad at first but forgot about it after a while.

I just recently sent the bag to H spa (to fix other problems) and they cleaned the bag while it was at the spa. I now can't find the dink anymore after the spa.
So, one day send it to H spa. It may be able to remove the scratch for you. Good luck and enjoy your bag!

Sorry to hear about your bag. My So Kelly got paint transfer at a restaurant on the first use. I was so distraught. I posted a pic in Docride's Vintage nightmare and leather care thread and was able to remove the paint smudge with Doc's advice. Try asking Docride and see if she has a suggestion. Sometimes (depending on the leather and type of scratch) an eraser or shoe Polish can help. G'luck.

I can relate. One day I noticed a superficial scratch to my B and I didn't even know when it was acquired. I was a bit bummed out, but tried not to think too much about it. Bags are meant to be used and enjoyed, so these types of scratches can't be helped. Kind of like a first scratch on the bumper of a new car; it hurts but it wouldn't stop you from loving and enjoying driving your car. So just keep on enjoying and loving your bag!

Am sorry this happened to you. It does stink and the first blemish always stings.

Funny you write this because I had a dream recently about an Epsom birkin bumping something and getting cut. I was upset and I remember thinking in my dream, how could an H bag be so flimsy and get cut so easily. Thought they were sturdy. Well, luckily it was just a dream but it's a bag. The good news is that it's still a beautiful bag so hopefully it doesn't upset you for too long. Enjoy it and keep using it.

I'm sorry this happened to you. It happened to me, too, a rather large scrape on my then new clemence kelly one day when I was out shopping, I think a fellow shopper scraped it with a hanger by accident. I was shocked and really sad, then I remembered it's only a bag, it's meant to worn and enjoyed. And I bounced back from there. I didn't want to take it to the spa since it was so new, I really wanted to carry it for a while. I recommend not looking at the damage too often, and soon you will see you are feeling ok again!
wow!!!that was so scary,a hanger,so sharp,thats the problem carrying all this B,at times i think
its not that we enjoy them its getting stress..hahahahha..