birkin ebene toile birkin 35 a good choice?

deedeedor

O.G.
Dec 3, 2011
I have an oppotunity to get a toile birkin 35 in beneria ebene.

I consider the weight being lighter than the full leather and it fits a whole lot without overweighting the bag. Wanted to use it with my kids out and on weekends.

Will it be suitable for work as i wear quite a lot of black and whites, twitted jacket, dress....

A lot of people do not like the toile idea. And had recon i get the full leather collection build up first.

I think kelly is more elegant. And i have kelly. And birkin is ok to go for a more casual look. I am leaning towards getting the toile bag. But i want your ladies opinions too.

Does the toile bag look good in person? Is it practical? Why a lot to people i talk to dont like it? The advices i ve got so far are very discouraging...

I would really like ur opinions to help me make decisions. Thank you so much!

Thank you paper tiger....i really love the look of it. A lot of people i talk to dont like it though. Is it a less popular bag because its bicolor? Or because its not full leather. Really puzzled.

If people know about the history of luggage, esp H, they know this is absolutely classic. If they don't, I suppose they think that it's somehow lesser than full leather. I would happily but a toile and leather combo.

One of my H wallets is printed toile (the Steeple), it came with a full history of toile and about the material itself. Probably hardier than the more delicate leathers, lighter, and great choice for travelling. Interestingly it seems to resist dirt very well.

If people know about the history of luggage, esp H, they know this is absolutely classic. If they don't, I suppose they think that it's somehow lesser than full leather. I would happily but a toile and leather combo.

One of my H wallets is printed toile (the Steeple), it came with a full history of toile and about the material itself. Probably hardier than the more delicate leathers, lighter, and great choice for travelling. Interestingly it seems to resist dirt very well.

Thank you papertiger...i need so much of these positive advice to move forward with the purchase...i fell in love with the bag the first time i saw it....jus havent gottenbmuch positive opinions to move forward. Lol

Thank you papertiger...i need so much of these positive advice to move forward with the purchase...i fell in love with the bag the first time i saw it....jus havent gottenbmuch positive opinions to move forward. Lol

Get it because you think it works for you, not because of things others have said. You will be the one carrying and caring for it. It either works for your lifestyle or it doesn't.

Reactions: HMuse and lulilu
I love toile and its on my dream list. It is very sophisticated and not showy but stands out Hermes. I think its easier to fabricate Birkin-look-alike all leather bags, but quite difficult to do so in textile on a high standard, so toile Birkin really stands out. You are so lucky to have the opportunity to own a toile, I would get it in a split second.

Personally, I love toile combos. I have a Fauve Barenia/Toile Birkin and a Vert Olive Togo/Toile Plume. They are much lighter than Clemence or Togo Birkins.

If it makes your heart sing than get it. If it does not work for you, you can always re-sell it.

The Birkins that make me stop me in my track on NYC streets are the toile/leather combinations. Seriously. It's so amazingly Hermès, and I dream of having either that or a similar Kelly.

I own toile, and after a summer of hard work, I can tell you it doesn't soil easily. I find it an easy material to care for.

Ebene and toile is a beautiful combination. I hope you can bring this into your life.

Personally, I love toile combos. I have a Fauve Barenia/Toile Birkin and a Vert Olive Togo/Toile Plume. They are much lighter than Clemence or Togo Birkins.

If it makes your heart sing than get it. If it does not work for you, you can always re-sell it.

Wow. I would love to see a picture of ur toile birkin...i cant find enough pictures online.