Birkin???? Bolide???? Gaaah!

Thanks for the help, Ladies! I made up my mind and I'll be going for a Birkin. I might not be able to wear it everyday (depending on where I'm going), but I'll have it forever.
I know that I want a 35 Marron Foncé or Ebene. I'm still not sure about the leather. Fjord would be my first choice. I would really like contrast stitching and a contrasting color for the interior (nothing too colorful though).
Now on to the questions: How do I go about ordering the bag? I have already established a relationship with the SA's at the boutique in my town (met the Directrice du Magasin at the supermarket the other day...that was weird), they greet me by name when I enter the store. Can I just walk in and order the Birkin of my dreams?? I know I'll have to wait a pretty long time, till the bag will finally arrive. But is it possible to order one at any time of the year?? I've read about Podium Orders in other posts a couple of times, but don't know what those are...
Thanks!!

I won't touch the podium question, though I think I know, bcause I'm not one of the more senior ladies here........but I have some experience w/Birkin. Watch out for weight. Fjord is HEAVY for Birkin......better for 28cm Kelly. If u want sturdy (ie.durable) then anything w/grain. If u want sturdy (ie.structure) look@ epsom or vache liegee. VL is a 2tone pebble grain....less common & elegant. Epsom is great.....small pretty grain & minimal slouch. Both are lightweight. VL is expensive.
Age?..... I wouldn't give that a 2nd thought. My daughter is younger than u, & she carries my Birkin whenever I allow.
Good luck. You've made a good start by finding this forum.

DEE,
I forgot to add IMHO. I was thinking lightweight, for a 25yr old, on the move day into night......but of course there r probably lots of fjord birkin owners who don't find their bags too heavy.

I would go for the 37 bolide - especially since you LOVE this design. Nice taste, btw.

Regardless who's paying for it, you should always buy what you love instead of what everyone else has. Especially at these prices. Good luck!

Dee, I agree with lee that Fjord is heavy for a 35 Birkin. I wonder if Togo or Clemence might be better (if you are going with a Birkin). These leathers are also more readily available. Other soft leathers are swift and evergrain; if you want stiff, go with epsom or vache liegee.
Whether you can place a special order is completely dependent on your relationship with your SA. Podium orders are orders the manager places for the store, twice a year, that come from a pre-determined list of things H is making that year. They happen in Feb. and July.
Personally I wouldn't want to wait that long for my first H bag and think you won't regret getting something that is versatile.